miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

no luck to move minibb to new server how to? & what i did

Author cp_9
Registered
#1 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 21:14 | Edited by: cp_9 
Hi all,

I wonder what i made wrong, my feeling says it's a a very simple thing.. but i an blind from trying :-) Whenever i am trying to go to the forum, i get only a blank white screen (no source code)

I want to move a running minibb installation to another server. What i did:

1) i set up a "lamp" server as shown here:
www.penguintutor.com/linux/raspberrypi-webserver

2) made a dump of my mysql database with "mysqldump" into a .sql file

3) copyed the /var/www/minibbc folder (that's where my installation of minibb sits) to the new machine and set the chown/chmod as it was on the original machine

4) using mysql, created the database and run "source mydump.sql" in mysql -> all tables are there with content.

I thought that's it, but when i go to to mywebserver/minibbc/index.php i see nothing at all, and when i check the source code i see also nothing at all.

I am not an expert, i think it's something very easy. thanks for any help getting nearer to the problem!

Author cp_9
Registered
#2 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 22:12 
i am a little further:

to see what happens, i fould that i can set this lines to my index.php:

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'On'); //On or Off

now it shows an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function gd_info() in /var/www/minibbc/bb_plugins.php on line 185

what's it?

Author cp_9
Registered
#3 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 22:27 
hmm.. seems that php5-gd was not installed (what is it? :-)

after
apt-get install php5-gd

and restarting apache it works now as it should. For the moment! :-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 11:46 
I'm wondering seeing that you propose "you are not an expert" at the same time you're trying to configure and setup LAMP.
I think if you are up to it, you shall go through all of this problems on your own and learn.
Good to see you're in progress on it :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / no luck to move minibb to new server how to? & what i did Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB