Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Multiple forums with the same membership

Author NickZA
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 Nov 2007 06:39 
Hi

A client of ours is a housing developer. As such, they own many developments each with many inhabitants.

What they want is to have a bulletin board system for people in distinct developments to be able to speak with other people who live within that same development.

What I'm wondering is, can I make use of something like a Usergroups feature to segregate the people from different housing developments, disallowing members of each from posting in a different development's designated board/posting area? Or what possibilities can you see to solve this problem using miniBB?

I'd welcome any responses/ideas at all on this issue.

Thanks,

-Nick

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 12 Nov 2007 06:54 
I think your idea is similar to "multidomains solution" which is mentioned here. So it is possible with miniBB, but since in every case the solution could be very different, we can't provide the common description.

But the idea behind is simple: you have the common database of members, so when they login let's say building1.housedevelopment.com or building2.housedevelopment.com they are able to post under the same nickname and their housing information could appear in the profile.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Multiple forums with the same membership
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑