miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Limited User Access - Disallow users to register

Author Guest
#1 | Posted: 27 Oct 2008 01:57 
Hi,

Can you tell me how I can block public user registrations to the forum so only selected users can be a member of the forum and post? I am going to be using the forum for news delivery and therefore do not want public users signing up and making accounts.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 27 Oct 2008 07:28 | Edited by: Paul 
Try to check how Administrator may approve new users first.

If you would like to achieve that admin only registers new accounts, under setup_options.php set

$enableNewRegistrations=TRUE;

Then login as admin and use the regular registration link, like

your_forums_url/index.php?action=registernew

You can put this link under your admin panel template, or bookmark, whatever... it will lead to registering an account by admin, so specify any kind of username/password/email you would like to put there. Email notification should be sent on this email, if enabled.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Limited User Access - Disallow users to register Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB