Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Install Error

Author stevebee
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 May 2006 02:16 
Hi all,

I just created my database, and updated the setup options, but I'm still getting an error when I run the _install.php file.

This is my set up in setup_options.php:

$DB='mysql';
$DBhost='localhost';
$DBname='creditse_minibb';
$DBusr='creditse_steve';
$DBpwd='creditse_password';
$Tf='minibbtable_forums';
$Tp='minibbtable_posts';
$Tt='minibbtable_topics';
$Tu='minibbtable_users';
$Ts='minibbtable_send_mails';
$Tb='minibbtable_banned';

$admin_usr='steve';
$admin_pwd='password';
$admin_email="steve.baik@sbcglobal.net';

My webhost is StartLogic. Please advise, thank you.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 12 May 2006 07:59 
What exactly error appears? There could be very many reasons... If you have CPanel or something like that installed, in mySQL section, it should give you exact login, password and host to set up in miniBB, if everything is set up correctly.

Author stevebee
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 12 May 2006 08:18 
I get a Database/configuration error.

My webhost uses vDeck. When I ask Startlogic for technical support, they always tell me to ask the software provider for help. Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks,
Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 12 May 2006 09:20 
"Database/configuration error" that the script can not even connect to the database, and the settings provided are 100% wrong.

Where did you get mySQL data from?

'localhost' is not always correct value for host. Your provider may use concrete domain as host.

There is nothing what we could tell widely in that case, and are investigating problems like this only for a fee. miniBB uses very standard procedure for connecting to database. If it doesn't work, it's 100% error on server/configuration side.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Install Error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑