Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Error when trying to add a forum

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Evelien
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 13 Apr 2011 11:29 
Oh, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, that sentence wasn't supposed to come out nasty, I just really didn't have the time haha! :$
I chose the Simple Machines Forum.

Author guttalife
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 20 Jun 2011 14:18 
hello i have the same problem where it says .....
" Table 'fm_shared.minibbtable_forums' doesn't exist. Try another name or value. "

I have not changed anything to the setup.php file but the database info to the info i created in "mysql database" in the cpanel and the admin name and password. I logged into "bb_admin.php" and when trying to create a forum i got this error. Can someone please tell me how to fix this ?

GuttaLife
Thanks In Advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 20 Jun 2011 14:32 
After creating the database, you need to install the software properly.

Read, how.

Author guttalife
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 20 Jun 2011 14:42 
Hello again after reading it all over i have not went to the "_install.php" to fully install as u said Paul so thanks again . Now i have reached that page all appears okay accept for this 1 slight problem which is in red text

Folder's protection Vulnerable. In your current forums folder, where are you are going to install the forums, PHP script is able to create, delete and modify files. We recommend to set permissions for generic forums folder as read-only.

Can you please help explain to me this small issue, i have uploaded the minibb on my server and renamed to "forums" so my url would be like "domain.com/forums", is this telling me to cmod the folder "forums" ? which folder do i cmod to read olny and whats the number for this again is it 777 or... ?

GuttaLife
Thanks in advance again Paul

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#20 | Posted: 21 Jun 2011 02:48 
This message only means what it tells, that PHP script is able to create, delete and modify files without special allowance. That's all.

Since miniBB doesn't require to operate on files by default, this operation has some risk in background - if there is a vulnerability found in some of the scripts, hackers could easily put extra scripts on the server, because the server just allows it.

But this is not the common case. miniBB just warns you that it's dangerous. However it will run with no problems, even if such message is reported.

Most likely, this doesn't depend on permissions you can set, it's up to the server's permissions. Most of nowadays providers allow PHP scripts to operate on physical files in client's folder by default. This is mostly done for "auto-update" programs, which could overwrite PHP files without special asking.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Error when trying to add a forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑