miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Emdash

Author Februs
Registered
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2015 14:32 
Not sure if this is a bug or not but the problem I am having on my forum is that I can post certain characters as admin but the rest of the forum users can't. For example, the emdash character:

However, if one of the forum users tries to make a post with an emdash in it the posted message doesn't appear at all.

Author Februs
Registered
#2 | Posted: 20 May 2015 01:47 
Have resolved this now, please delete.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 20 May 2015 13:10 
Februs:
Have resolved this now, please delete.

Would be nice to know how did you solved it, thanks.

Author Februs
Registered
#4 | Posted: 20 May 2015 16:30 
I was running an older version of the software which was using htmlspecialchars within the function textFilter in bb_func_txt.php for general users (but not for mods).

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#5 | Posted: 20 May 2015 16:44 
So, did you update this file and then it worked?

I suppose, htmlspecialchars was replaced to our own function called 'operate_string', because the newer version of htmlspecialchars contained also other specific characters' issues.

Author Februs
Registered
#6 | Posted: 20 May 2015 18:20 
Yes, I added operate_string to bb_functions and replaced the call in bb_func_txt as you suggested.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#7 | Posted: 22 May 2015 19:48 
Thanks for your report.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Emdash Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB