miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

email_admin_userregister.txt language issue - wrong utf-8 chars in the email

Author detox
Registered
#1 | Posted: 12 Aug 2015 21:56 
Hello.

I've got this problem with my Czech version of "email_admin_userregister_cze.txt". When I get an e-mail it contains characters.

Přejeme pěkný den VS. Přejeme pěkn den.

How do I fix that? Saving the txt file with UTF-8 coding did not help. It is quite important since I am getting people's names and addresses and I can't decrypt them.

Thx.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2015 13:35 | Edited by: Paul 
Try to paste this in setup_options.php:

$emailCharset='UTF-8';

Author detox
Registered
#3 | Posted: 14 Aug 2015 16:11 
Paul
That helped and the Czech characters are now displayed correctly :-) Thank you very much.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 14 Aug 2015 21:07 
You're welcome! :)

Author Yuhů
#5 | Posted: 28 Sep 2015 04:22 
In miniBB version 2 was solution to change a bit function convEnt() in bb_func_pthread.php by adding php function iconv(). (For my big surprise is final working enconding windows-1250 instead iso-8859-2.)

function convEnt($str){
return iconv( 'utf-8', 'windows-1250' , strip_tags(str_replace(array('<br />', ''', '&quot;', '&amp;', '$', '&lt;', '&gt;'), array("\r\n", "'", '"', '&', '$', '<', '>'), $str)));
}

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#6 | Posted: 28 Sep 2015 13:49 | Edited by: Paul 
Yuhů
I'm not truly sure what you're about... miniBB version 2 is abandoned years ago. Now we have version 3.x and the newest release should come soon. Also, the function you mention, is now located in bb_func_txt.php, not bb_func_pthread.php.

Actually, I don't understand why it would be needed to put the stuff like you propose. Default forum encoding is typically changed in the language pack (lang/eng.php or whatever language pack you may have --> $l_meta var).

Email templates encoding could be set like I've explained above.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / email_admin_userregister.txt language issue - wrong utf-8 chars in the email Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB