miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

disable duplicate email address checking

Author John Dobson
Registered
#1 | Posted: 15 Jan 2010 04:46 
in my forum, it is possible for two users to have the same email address (because they share the same job, which is quite common). How do I stop the duplicate email address checking on user registration? Is there a php line I can comment out?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 15 Jan 2010 05:20 
It's a very unwanted action when in our system you will have duplicated email addresses. Specially if you have enabled email notifications on board.

However it's still possible to disable... In bb_func_regusr.php try to remove the part of the condition which says

and !db_simpleSelect(0,$Tu,$dbUserId,$caseComp."({$dbUserSheme['user_email'][1]})",'=',strtolower(${$dbUserSheme['user_email '][2]}))

In bb_func_editprf.php try to remove the code which says

if ($rowp=db_simpleSelect(0,$Tu,$dbUserId,$caseComp."({$dbUserSheme['user_email'][1]})",'=',strtolower(${$dbUserSheme['user _email'][1]}),'','',$dbUserId,'!=',$user_id) or (strtolower(${$dbUserSheme['user_email'][1]})==strtolower($admin_email) and $user_id!=1)) $correct=4;

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / disable duplicate email address checking Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB