| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Chinese characters will be automatically truncated BUG

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author ng4
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 20:21 
Paul

This is the program I put on the server, the same problem.
Demo:
http://tester.honorificabilitudinitatibus.services/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=1
Has been automatically truncated.
The environment is Nginx+Mysql5.3, using the basic miniBB package, the version is 3.2.2

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 25 Apr 2017 13:46 
Sorry for a late reply - I've entered your link today and noticed you have complete paragraphs of Chinese chars posted.
Did you solve the problem somehow?

Anyway, for the future... if such a problem appears, you need to determine the nature of it i.e. understand what kind of code is causing it. Because if it works on our server and doesn't work on yours, and we have almost the same configuration, it means the problem could be somewhere on your end.

In the case of your problem, you could debug it that way:

- edit bb_func_pthread.php
- look up for $postText
- put this code after this or that line following from top to bottom of the code:

echo $postText;
exit;
Then post something and watch after which function the $postText value will lose its original value.
I suppose this will happen after textFilter function, but I have no ideas what exactly in this function will cause the trouble, so you will need to debug this function as well (bb_func_txt.php).

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Chinese characters will be automatically truncated BUG
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑