miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Bug in login

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 07:23 
I have problem with my forum. Forum is in the frame. Everything works good, but if I want login in IE, it doesn't work. I see me down in the "Login/online Users" but I don't see preferences, logout etc. It works in Opera, FF... If I check it in no-frame-forum, it works...

Please check & help: (frames) (no frame)

test login: minibb
pass: minibb

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 09:26 | Edited by: Paul 
First of all $main_url setting of setup_options.php should not have ending slash.

You may also try to use http://www... instead of simple http://...

Second, I don't see much sense why it's needed for you to put the forums into iframe... it's a known fact iframes don't work always good regarding the cookie setting.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 15:05 
it doesn't work... i know, iframes is not good solution, but...
anyway, thanks...

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 11 Apr 2007 02:53 
I know miniBB logging could work when done from an iframe. So I would recommend just to experiment with cookie settings (like path, domain etc.) to get it work.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Bug in login Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB