®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

BB code buttons

Author sardon
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 02:28 
Hi, I am pretty new to miniBB.. I was looking for a light php forum. I tried miniBB. I can't find a new topic so I am posting here...

I would like to have the same BB code buttons that the one that I have just used to send
the post and I can't find in the manual where to configure this

Author sardon
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 02:47 
I think i have exactly the same problem.. I was first asking how i can enable bb code buttons..

Now I uderstand that it is linked to the french langage pack that I have downloaded (I have switched to english and then I have the buttons..)

well, it seems the forum is not for froggys;:)

-- Edit --

In fact, that was no big deal

on line 396 of the frep.php file, you have to change
[code]$l_promptAlt='Description de l\\\'image';[/code]
to
[code]$l_promptAlt='Description de l\'image';[/code]

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 08:16 
sardon:
I can't find a new topic so I am posting here...
Enter any forum, there is a new topic form below the topics list. I don't have idea what could be more simpler to find.

As about BB code buttons, thanks for explanation. Your specific configuration makes a lot of sense and you must mention it before giving such questions :)

It would be much better to not use apostrophes in JavaScript wordings at all. I'd recommend just to leave the 'Description' wording, that clarifies everything and won't cause the apostrophe error in JS. We've fixed this in the French language pack.

the forum is not for froggys
The forum itself is for "froggies". But the installation requires, of course, some coding knowledge, specially if you are not using just a default version. Like in any professional area. You can try to cure your teeth on your own or ask for the professional dentist's service ;)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 BB code buttons
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑