miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Admin sees Recent Topics from certain forums

Author Monie
Registered
#1 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 20:31 
I have it so that new users don't see recent topics from a certain forum, but the admin still sees it. Anyway to fix that?

Author tom322
Registered
#2 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 23:40 
Monie:
I have it so that new users don't see recent topics from a certain forum

If you post how you did that it may be possible to do reverse-engineering ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 17 Nov 2010 03:59 
Do you mean it should be related only to the Recent Topics section?

If so, try to look at the option called $lastOut set up in bb_specials.php and described in miniBB Manual.

Author Monie
Registered
#4 | Posted: 17 Nov 2010 05:47 
tom322,Paul

I fixed it. I had used that option at first but the admin still saw recent topics from that forum. So I did this..
if($cols=db_simpleSelect(0, $Tt, 'topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster, topic_poster_name, topic_time, forum_id, posts_count, topic_last_post_id, topic_views, topic_last_post_time, topic_last_poster','forum_id ','!=','12',$orderBy,$viewlastdiscussions)){

In bb_func_ldisc

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#5 | Posted: 17 Nov 2010 06:02 
It's up to you 'cause it's open source, but it appears to be a very rude fix... Actually I don't understand what's the problem in seeing all topics by admin? It should work such way, it's planned in miniBB that admin sees everything... up to you.

Author Monie
Registered
#6 | Posted: 17 Nov 2010 15:28 
Yes but per request the admin didn't want to see topics from that forum as it was generated by a bot for a certain thing.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#7 | Posted: 22 Nov 2010 07:31 
That's fine. As I wrote earlier, it's up to you :-) If the solution is good for you, it's good for us.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Admin sees Recent Topics from certain forums Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB