miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

minibb code

Author danger
#1 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 12:14 
It would be really nice, if the minibb's code was properly indented and the files provided in the zip were in unix format. For example, I'm trying to upgrade our 2.0 to 2.0.2 and I can't see well what have been changed, because the index.php I have on the site is in unix format ant the provided index.php is in the dos format, so the diff program thinks the files is whole changed.

Author danger
#2 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 12:15 
oops, it's vice-versa the 2.0 has dos format while the 2.0.2 has unix format...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 25 Sep 2006 03:57 
We already have posted few threads about why the code is not indented. It's done by purpose. We're interested that only advanced coders, with a level closer to our own, are modifying the scripts. Nothing and never will be changed in that case.

I think, you're wrong about Unix format of files in the latest package also. We're always trying to store all files (also as other miniBB addons and PHP scripts) in Windows format (i.e. all line endings are CR+LF). I've re-checked what we have in the package, and discovered the only files in Unix format:

bb_functions.php
bb_func_forums.php
bb_func_txt.php
bb_func_vtopic.php
index.php
templates/main_topics.html
templates/search.html

So I've updated them and now all files should be in Windows (DOS) format again. Feel free to report us if you see improper format anywhere in the miniBB packages. Thanks!

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 minibb code
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑