miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Private Messages

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#61 | Posted: 8 May 2010 06:29 
Sorry, I was confused because I thought you have meant "Report" feature for forum messages. When somebody sends such kind of alert, IP is not displayed at all. You may see it in action on the miniBB full demo page.

Here, I see now you mean the "Report" feature for private messages themselves.

So, for this kind of reporting, IP removal is done in the following block of code marked in bold below (search for `$alertIp` in addon_pmail.php and you will find it:

$_POST['postText']=<<<out
{$l_author}: <a href="https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$indexphp}action=userinfo&user={$alertUserfrom}" target="_blank">{$alertUserfromnick}</a><br />{$l_posted}: {$dateOrig}<br />IP: {$alertIp}<br /><br />{$areason}<strong>{$l_message}</strong>:<br /><br />{$alertMsg}
out;

Author astass
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 20 May 2010 12:24 
I downloaded my software copy from Compiler, please check the work of mass mailing. It doesn't occur.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#63 | Posted: 21 May 2010 05:42 
We have checked it. It all works on our end.

When entering Mass Mailing from the Admin panel, you may get a blank screen if you don't have users in your forums database except admin account. In this case, Mass Mailing won't even start, because you can't send message to nobody.

Also, make sure [pmail] folder permissions are set to 0777 (available to write for anybody). In case of mass mailing, the script will use this folder to store temporary intermediate values, even if you may use this module in mySQL mode. This folder is required for mass mailings.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#64 | Posted: 3 Jul 2011 18:15 
I'm using this addon in one website. I received an email message from a user, who said he had received an email alert of new private message. Then when he went to the forum, there was no new message. So, this is the background information, and the question is:

When user A sends a private message to user B, and when user A deletes that message, does it disappear also from user B's inbox?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#65 | Posted: 4 Jul 2011 09:08 
kuopassa:
When user A sends a private message to user B, and when user A deletes that message, does it disappear also from user B's inbox?
Yes, the message will still appear in user's inbox. Reporting feature is not tied up with PM numbering system in any way. Reports are just regular messages which do not have a way back.

Author Guest
~
#66 | Posted: 10 Mar 2012 18:44 
Hello,

Is there any way to limit PM for moderators like users? I know how this "$staffNoMsgLimit" works and it's great! But wondering if there could be another way to have one more setting for moderators.

For example: "$maxReceivedMessages", It's for Users and how about for Mods can be something more like "$maxReceivedMessagesMods"?

If I set $maxReceivedMessages=60; for users but want to set for moderators like $maxReceivedMessagesMods=100;

Maybe it doesn't look good but I need it for my forum :)

Regards,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#67 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 20:09 
I'm not sure if it would work, but you may just re-define $maxReceivedMessages in addon_pmail_options.php depending on if a Moderator is logged in or not.
I.e.
if($isMod==0) $maxReceivedMessages=30; else $maxReceivedMessages=100;

Author Jaime
Partaker
#68 | Posted: 13 Mar 2013 17:11 
That does not work Paul. It works when a user writes an pm to a user.! But writing a user to another user, who is also moderator .. also applies to this restriction.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#69 | Posted: 13 Mar 2013 19:32 
Ok, I'm getting it... you're right.
Then sorry - it would require to modify a core PM file, and introduce a new setting...
I'm working on the other tasks and can't extend this add-on for this feature by now.
But overall, it would be possible. I could program it within our Premium Support rates, if someone needs it badly.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#70 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 10:05 
Another brilliant addon - thanks again.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#71 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 10:35 
I would like to add the private message icon to the latest posts on the front of the forum. How do I go about this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#72 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 10:55 
I am not sure what kind of icon you are about. The section you mention, could be extended only with the "Private Messages" link and amounts. It is stored in {$pmView} variable which you need to paste in the template you want. It's formed in bb_plugins.php so there you may edit its HTML output.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#73 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 16:26 
What I would like to achieve on the front page of the site on the Recent Topics display is this ...

author (private message gif linked to author name obviously) date

I learned how to do this some time ago as I have added the forum name along with the link so that it currently looks like this ...

author forum name (with url) date

But I have forgotten how I did it!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#74 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 21:15 
Bluesplayer:
But I have forgotten how I did it!
So get a bit back to your memory track and try to recover it. Do it quickly while it's hot!.. hopefully it's already yours...

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#75 | Posted: 9 Jul 2019 20:53 
I've just added the Private Messaging function, and edited 'addon_pmail_options.php' to have have the Preview button placed after the Submit button.
But, it isn't appearing...

Preview works for Posts though.

As always, I've double/triple checked, and can't spot the error.

Any ideas where I should look?

Steve

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Private Messages
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑