miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Preview

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#31 | Posted: 13 Apr 2012 19:53 
It seems you have pasted this code in a wrong place... most possibly before <?php tag...
You must be experienced enough to edit files that way.

Author jmcwebtrip
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 13 Apr 2012 23:01 
Sorry I forgot put the code between <?php and ?>

/* Preview addon */
if(isset($_POST['prevForm']
) and $_POST['prevForm']==1) include($pathToFiles.'addon_preview2.php');
/* --Preview addon */

in bb_plugins.php .Now is working fine

Thanks Paul

Author Jaime
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 21 Dec 2012 14:43 
When i have set one or more linebreak <br /> in an languagevariable, eg $anti_guest_rule1, then it works fine in the output from main_posthold, but not in preview-window. There i see the warningtext and the tags <br />. My mistake?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 25 Dec 2012 15:23 
You are just the first person in the world trying to put straight HTML in the language variable.
Nowhere it's written that you will achieve the desired effect with it ;)
To let the preview working fine with <br /> tags, you should remove or replace them to newlines in advance, before the text is being output in preview's add-on.
You may modify addon_preview.php and add the following code:

$topicTitle2=stripslashes(textFilter($_POST['topicTitle'],.....);
$_POST['postText']=str_replace('<br />', "\n", $_POST['postText']);
$postText2=stripslashes(textFilter($_POST['postText'].....

Author Jaime
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 27 Dec 2012 11:45 
Paul:
You are just the first person in the world trying to put straight HTML in the language variable.
Are you sure? Have a look at the language-file eng.php in the lines 68, 269, 417 an 418 :)

And in my preview
Because of spamming issues:

You are not allowed to post outgoing links, URLs or email addresses.

looks better than
Because of spamming issues, you are not allowed to post outgoing links, URLs or email addresses.

But is it a matter of taste, .. said the monkey and bit in the soap =8). And thanks for the code, works fine!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#36 | Posted: 27 Dec 2012 17:17 
Jaime:
Are you sure?
I was meaning the language for anti-guest add-on.
It's good if it works :)

Author Jaime
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 27 Dec 2012 18:32 
When i post as reg user and previw the post, i see there my username in the top. A Guest but also has a name, language-file default setting under $l_anonymous, or a freely chosen name .. but which can not be displayed? Would it look nice, or? But not now, I would absolutely have to be, I just noticed.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#38 | Posted: 27 Dec 2012 20:46 
In default version, the username should not be displayed at all.
So I am a bit confused as I don't understand what you are about?..

Author Jaime
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 28 Dec 2012 11:27 
It's Done. It was about the display of the user name in the Preview window. I have the template adapted and applied in bb_plugings a separate variable.

if($user_id==0){
$previewUser=<<<out
Gast
out;
}
else{
$previewUser=<<<out
{$user_usr}
out;
}
When a guest opens the preview window then there is the name Guest on the top, otherwise, the name of the registered users. Sorry Paul, if I can express myself in English mostly wrong.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 28 Dec 2012 12:42 
Ok. It's up to you how you moderate your custom implementations :)
I can't have an idea what's done on your end.

Author Stan
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 26 Mar 2016 18:29 
Hello,

I don't know why, but I just can't make the preview button work.
Used compiler version without touching anything else, installed manually, inspected the files many times, tried other browsers... Still, when I click on it, nothing happens. Inspecting the page with my browser tells me : Uncaught ReferenceError: previewMessage is not defined
I have no idea what to do next, I could use some help ! :)

Author Stan
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 28 Mar 2016 01:11 
By the way, the colorpicker isn't working on the main page, it's only working inside a topic.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#43 | Posted: 28 Mar 2016 21:06 
Stan
I've tested how the Preview add-on works, if embedded using the Compiler, and it's definitely all OK. But I've tested only this add-on and nothing else. Do you have other add-ons installed, and if so, which ones?

From seeing your report, I could conclude, that you may have some external JavaScript code, for example, in the header file or anywhere else, and which could be about your code - and that code could be wrong. If there's something wrong in your own code, then all other valid codes will also not execute, and the browser could throw errors like the one you described. So just check carefully all your JavaScript codes; at least, you may try the clean miniBB install without any add-ons, and then add the add-ons which doesn't work on your end, manually one by one.

Author Stan
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 29 Mar 2016 16:34 
Hi Paul,

The other add-ons I used are :

Anti-Guest
Unread Messages Indicator using Cookies
Direct Emailing
All forum moderation extensions
Profiles Checker
Standalone New Topic Form
and every Extra Buttons / BB-codes

I used the Compiler. Everything else was left entirely untouched. No code added, nothing modified. Just a clean install.
I don't know if this can be revelant, but the server I installed minibb to already hosts a Wordpress site, and is using php7.

I will try again later with only the preview addon.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#45 | Posted: 29 Mar 2016 19:22 
You know my email. Send me the Compiled package you've got, I will try it on my end.

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Preview
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑