miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /   

Direct Email

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author Paul
Lead Developer
#16 | Posted: 22 Apr 2008 04:02 
Moony:
I cannot test this plugin on the test forum. After entering captcha I get redirected to the main forum's page.

It is related to test forum only. We have disabled emailing features there to avoid any kind of emailing spam - don't forget they are pure public forums. So you test this add-on by steps until actually send the message (recently we have updated it so at least the posting form step appears, please check now - and thanks for this report...)

Author Moony
Registered
#17 | Posted: 22 Apr 2008 13:10 | Edited by: Moony 
I have tried and everything works nice.

Author namaste
Registered
#18 | Posted: 22 Jun 2012 23:35 
Many thanks for this addon.
It works when I sign in as a member, but not as guest.
I would like to allow guests to send emails to members, can this be done?

The Contact/"Click to Send a message by Email" link brings a blank page when I am not signed in.
I did not put checking on user ID as mentioned above.

My board is for registered members only. I have added a simple security access code (not captcha) for the email form to prevent spams.

Thank you for any assistance.

Author tom322
Registered
#19 | Posted: 23 Jun 2012 01:08 | Edited by: tom322 
You can try to edit this addon script and comment/remove: if ($user_id>0) ...

Author namaste
Registered
#20 | Posted: 23 Jun 2012 05:55 
tom322:
You can try to edit this addon script and comment/remove: if ($user_id>0) ...

Oh that is so brilliant. Thank you tom322 for the quick response.

Author Jaime
Registered
#21 | Posted: 4 Apr 2013 14:08 
Just strikes me that the Report link ({$reportLink} variable) appears even in closed topics in posts. How can I stop this?

A closed topic i can determine, for example via parseTopic and if($GLOBALS['cols'][5]==1) ... but here I have to work well with the functional parseMessage ... and just i have no idea for the right code :-/

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#22 | Posted: 4 Apr 2013 17:00 | Edited by: Paul 
You may refer to $GLOBALS['topicData'][1] indeed.
I.e.
if ($GLOBALS['topicData'][1]==1) {
//do not display Report link
}

In the case of this add-on, you may extend this (default) code to:

if($GLOBALS['user_id']>1 or ($GLOBALS['user_id']==0 and $GLOBALS['directEmailGuests']) and $GLOBALS['topicData'][1]==0) {
$GLOBALS['reportLink']='...';
}

Author Jaime
Registered
#23 | Posted: 4 Apr 2013 17:50 
Thank you Paul, it works exactly as it should.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions / Direct Email Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB