miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#61 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 08:22 
I think the problem is that this file is uploaded with not enough permissions. Avatars addon sets permissions to 777 (full) after upload, but it will not work on IIS. Try to ask the provider, which permissions must be set after upload, an which way.

And yes - you see this file in TC, 'cause you are the owner of the directory, and all files are automatically uploaded with necessary permissions.

Author hokic
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 16:08 
Well I have sent a mail to provider. I have made some other tests and discovered, that no mbb images can be seen from this server. Even if I rename normal gif on my HD and send it via FTP. I have made a test.html page for this. But when I copy test.html and images to another server, images are visible.

My conclusion for this is, that the hosting of australie-sic.cz is not able to show mbb images and doesn't matter wheter they are send from bbforum or by ftp. So I wrote this to email and now I am waiting for an answer.

Author Team
8-)
#63 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 16:51 
Ok, report us how it went.

Author hokic
Partaker
#64 | Posted: 27 Apr 2006 21:10 
Finally - everything works! :) The problem was at the server's side. I am not good at understanding those technical things, but they wrote me that the server mime-types are not set for mbb extension files. So they had made some changes and whoala - things works now :)

Many thanks to the team for your support and I hope it will bring some benefit also to you or to another users who would cope with similar problem.

Thanks alot man!

Author sound
#65 | Posted: 20 Aug 2006 12:59 
Sorry where does this go in the userdataform.html??

{$avatarForm}

Where please?

Author michael1234
Partaker
#66 | Posted: 20 Aug 2006 21:04 
I put mine under the user_dataform.html. I only have it so they add it once they sign it and can change it to the preferences section.

<tr>
<td class=caption4 align=right valign=top>{$l_menu[8]}</td>
<td class=caption5>{$languageDown}</td>
</tr>

{$avatarForm}

<tr>
<td class=caption4>&nbsp;</td>
<td class=caption5><input type=submit value="{$userTitle}" class=inputButton></td>
</tr>

Hope that helps!

Michael

Author Anonymous
#67 | Posted: 26 Aug 2006 15:06 
I recently installed the avatar add-on. Whenever I try to upload an avatar, it just shows that little box with the red X in it. I can see the box in preferences, profile, and posts, all the places the actual avatar is supposed to be. So it's all working except the fact that you can't see the image. What could be wrong? I checked that I followed the read-me correctly 5 times!

Author Sergei
Team member
#68 | Posted: 27 Aug 2006 00:14 
Check if the avatar file is getting uploaded to your server and exists in the directory you're using for miniBB file uploads. Perhaps, the directory doesn't have enough permissions for file writes.

Author Anonymous
#69 | Posted: 27 Aug 2006 21:15 
I upload the avatar and get the red box, then I go to http://www.mysite.synced.org/boards/shared_files/avatars. The page's text:

Index of /boards/shared_files/avatars
Name Last modified Size Description
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Parent Directory 27-Aug-2006 16:12 -
1.mbb 27-Aug-2006 16:11 2k

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

The 1.mbb is a link, I click it and there's the avatar I tried to upload. It shows up here but not in the actual forums.

What could be wrong?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#70 | Posted: 28 Aug 2006 08:26 
It could be that your provider blocks *.mbb files and doesn't allow to display them on the website as images. In that case, you will be able to use only pre-defined avatars from list; or... try to contact your provider, and let him allow this extension.

Author Anonymous
#71 | Posted: 28 Aug 2006 21:08 
Is there a way to display avatars in the format they were uploaded in? Example, if a user wants to use a .gif image as an avatar, it would be saved as .gif, and not .mbb?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#72 | Posted: 29 Aug 2006 06:52 
There is no such kind of way. Avatars pictures information is not saved in any way, and they must have unified general extension. You can go through the script and change "mbb" to "gif" everywhere you find it, but having .mbb extension is more secure, else if you'd have gif or jpg (there could be some vulnerabilities, having these extensions - I know, for example, that PHP code could be included in JPG file easily).

In general, it is not clear for us, why this extension could be disallowed by your server provider. It is not in the list of known vulnerable extensions, but very custom and related to miniBB only; what about if you upload some specific file to your host for downloading, which will have extension, not in the allowed list? It will be also not available for displaying? If you pay for your hosting, it's up to you to contact your administrator and let him allow this.

Author Anonymous
#73 | Posted: 29 Aug 2006 16:05 
If I choose to not bother with uploading avatars and instead just have a pre-selected list of avatars, do I change this: $avatarDir=$pathToFiles.'shared_files';
in addon_avatar.php, since I'm not going to use shared_files to allow users to upload avatars? If so, what do I put instead of shared_files?

Author Anonymous
#74 | Posted: 29 Aug 2006 18:19 
Weird, I can upload avatars now! I completely deleted everything I had done to install avatars and reinstalled it, and now it works... Confused as to what I had originally done wrong...

Author Anonymous
#75 | Posted: 5 Nov 2006 23:53 
how to allow different avatar size for moderators?

how can i define this? and admins too, plz

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑