miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Two Sites, One Database

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 8 May 2004 11:26 
I have two websites that I would like to share one forum.

Has anyone tried running two copies of miniBB which access the same tables in the same (mySQL) database? AFAIK the mySQL server will handle record locking but will miniBB get confused?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 8 May 2004 11:31 
miniBB shouldn't be confused. Try it.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 8 May 2004 20:25 
Hey, what do you know, it seems to work !!!

Brian (that was me above)

Author schorote
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 04:09 
ok this is an old post; i like to do the same, but with forum limitations. On one website all forums should be visible, while the second website only shows a specific forum. It does not need to restrict posting in the wrong forum, It would be ok just to "hide" the forum on the second webpage.

Regards schorote

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 04:40 
I think it's all possible, but depends on many details.

The first one is, will the forums run under different domains or just different folders?..

Author schorote
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 04:55 
domains, but on the same hoster, so there is the same mysql db reachable.

its more the question: how can i hide a specific forum from bb_plugins.php to be displayed in forums list (and if posible, how do i exclude those depending posts from the recent post list)
technical I like to copy the minibb files to each domain, but use the same database, restricting each website by its own files.

so page 1 displays forum 1
page 2 displays forum 2
and page 3 displays forum 1,2 and 3

each page has its own domain, but can access the same mysql database
that more clear now what i like to do? ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 05:40 
schorote:
how can i hide a specific forum from bb_plugins.php to be displayed in forums list
miniBB has $clForums array definition in bb_specials.php. Making $clForums and $clForumsUsers array dynamically on the fly in your code, and allowing access to $clForums to nobody (so $clForumsUsers[XX] is an empty array) you can achieve that those forums are hidden from regular users.

schorote:
technical I like to copy the minibb files to each domain
Bad idea! Better use the same core for multiple forums. Then you can upgrade multiple forums at once!

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Two Sites, One Database
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑