miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /   

Reset Password

Author Josh McGilberry
Registered
#1 | Posted: 30 May 2004 20:45 
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not, but it seems to be somewhat of a problem to me.

To reset a password, all you have to know is your e-mail address right? So if someone has their e-mail address shown as public, then someone else could reset their password for them and force them to check their e-mail and enter in the new password. Plus they could do this to harras them as often as they liked.

If it were me, the solution would be to have some kind of security question like a lot of places do, mothers maiden name, or something like that, to prevent just anyone from being able to reset someones password.

Author Josh McGilberry
Registered
#2 | Posted: 30 May 2004 21:19 
Nevermind. I actually read the e-mail and saw where they have to click the link to change it :) Don't I feel stupid now!

Thanks everyone

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other / Reset Password Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB