miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Difficulties with installation on Mac

Author Losing It!
#1 | Posted: 7 Aug 2006 22:25 
is text edit a suitable substitute for notepad or does it add extra spaces, etc. Iv'e been trying to install this thing for days now with no luck. I finally gave up and have been following the instructions exactly trying to install phpbb and have had no luck even decompressing the file. the only thing I can figure is maybe it's this but I don't see anything different when I open the files up after saving. I going crazy here. I would mach rather install minibb but right now I'd just be happy with something working right.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 7 Aug 2006 23:19 
Hmm... I am not sure... but if you are on OS X, you might want to use the terminal-based text editors, such as vi.
All the best -
mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 8 Aug 2006 09:16 
So, what kind of exact errors/difficulties do you get? Which way you are trying to install? I think, your problem goes far deeper, else simply depends on text editor...

Author lime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 8 Aug 2006 19:34 
I use text edit, it shouldn't give you any problems

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Difficulties with installation on Mac
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑