You must have a database setup already! an account with lycos that supports php and mysql does not mean necessarily that your database is setup. Tell me right now, what is your database name ?
If you can answer that question, then I believe you DO have a mysql database. If you cannot say the name right now, then you need to find it out . Contact Lycos .
If you do have a database already setup and you know it's name and you know it's password and you know your username, then let's make sure you get your database configured properly now.
We are going to do it manually. It's pretty simple so don't worry.
1) go to the miniBB file called _install_mysql.sql .
That important file has everything you need to set up the six database tables . highlight and copy everything in that file.
2) Go to your mysql admin panel. You do have a database admin panel with Lycos ? Mine is called phpadmin. My friends' is called mysqladmin. What is your's called ?
Both of our admin panels have a little box where we can paste stuff in . It could say something like this :
"Run SQL query/queries on database Petra_com"
3) Paste the stuff from the miniBB file _install_mysql.sql in that box.
Press enter or go or whatever button is there to make it work.
4) That will create the database tables for you. You'll know cuz it will say "success" and you will see six new tables on your database.
5) If you make it to this point, you need only make sure that the miniBB file called setup_options.php has the correct information .
Do you see all those variables with the $ marks ? You must know the answer of what to put there exactly or it won't work.
If you don't know that stuff, contact Lycos. They know it.
Then you will be able to go to your URL and see your forum.