®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

BB code buttons above the posting form disappear

Author ericj
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 24 Feb 2010 07:16 
If I want my miniBB to be displayed in my native language (french at this time) I can't see the BBcodes icons above the textarea neither than the colorpicker.

Can't see where could be the problem... Did you ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 24 Feb 2010 09:07 
It may be related to some JavaScript error, specifically, some language pack variable which contains the apostrophe. As I know, French sentences have a lot of apostrophes, and sometimes they could conflict with JavaScript variables. Try to modify/translate French sentences related to BB codes, without using apostrophes.

Unfortunately, I can't tell anything exact, you may see error's line and description under Mozilla Firefox - Tools - Error Console.

Author ericj
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 24 Feb 2010 09:36 
I'll try this and tell you if it becomes better.

Thanks. :)

Author ericj
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 24 Feb 2010 10:14 
Strange...

There is no language variables for three bbcode (autotab, pre and youtube) and the other ones are the same than a classic minibb version (not compiled) which has always works fine in french...

For colorpicker, I just have to set style="display: display;" (it was set at none... though as checked it on the compiler page).

Keep on searching... :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 24 Feb 2010 11:23 
Well, than it's obviously some JavaScript error.

You may contact us privately and I could take a look at your forums, if you are shy to show them here l-).

Author ericj
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 25 Feb 2010 04:53 
Well, it's OK ! :)

In fact (I guess I'm right on this...) it was some wrong characters in the fre.php file (I re-wrote it completely replacing all accents with html entities).

Now, it's work fine.

Once again, thanks for this definitely best free forums software on Earth !! :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 25 Feb 2010 05:50 
Ok. Don't forget about the community and feel free to re-send the valid language pack back to us ;-) You may upload it right here... clicking this button above the form:

Author ericj
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 25 Feb 2010 06:44 
Time to check if nothing wrong has been left and I upload it. ;)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 BB code buttons above the posting form disappear
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑