Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB is coming up in new colors and version

Page  Page 7 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#91 | Posted: 25 Oct 2011 18:56 
Ok, does it mean I should immediately take your advice and implement it? ;)

The link is already there. It's on the last digit you see in a row. The last page shown is really the last. I think we wouldn't need something extra at this stage. Let's keep it mini.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#92 | Posted: 25 Oct 2011 18:58 
Yet another tiny addition will be presented in the newest miniBB - search box available by default under in the "Modern" layout's first page (below forums listing), on the internal forum navigation pages, under any forum and under any topic. It will be possible to search in messages of a certain topic. If you search from the topics listing under some forum, it will automatically search only in this forum. The box from the first page, and navigation pages will search like the default search does.

Author Prince
Partaker
#93 | Posted: 28 Oct 2011 23:42 
Paul:
search in messages of a certain topic
I just tested it, that's really amazing.. :)

Author Prince
Partaker
#94 | Posted: 30 Oct 2011 11:15 
Paul
I just wanted to suggest for thread searching.. didn't see that.. Just searched in forums (Topics)

WOW that's great Paul... Great Job :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#95 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 12:39 

I also think, "Search in Topic" box should appear only if a topic has more than 1 page of messages. If there is less than 1 page, there is no sense to use miniBB's search - you can search for anything on the same page, using browser's tools (Ctrl+F to find, for example) or just reviewing it from top to bottom.

Author tom322
#96 | Posted: 2 Nov 2011 01:38 
Paul:
I also think, "Search in Topic" box should appear only if a topic has more than 1 page of messages.
Well.. I tend to think it should always stay. Otherwise it creates unnecessery confusion why sometimes it appears, and sometimes not. I guess users prefer to be comfortable and know what to expect.

The same applies to the 'Latest post' icon (s.gif). I cannot test it now but from what I noticed the icon doesn't appear if there's no reply. While logically it may make sense, I think it's not usable- because when user learned the icon is there in 99% cases, there's no need for him to wonder why in this 1% the icon is not there. If certain habit is learned, making it complicated by removing some cases may not be the best way.

At least that's my humble opinion ;).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#97 | Posted: 2 Nov 2011 13:10 
tom322:
At least that's my humble opinion
Thanks for it.

Latest reply icon is not just an icon - it's a click-able link to the latest message in the thread. When there are no replies, the icon is not present and instead, only dash is present. That way it helps to quickly determine unanswered topics. I doubt I will change this approach, at least by now it seems very logical and tide to me.

Regarding search - exactly, it's for changing the habits and let people think more ;)

Author tom322
#98 | Posted: 2 Nov 2011 16:37 
For most people thinking = pain, but maybe that won't be too hard for them (if it is then it should be easy to customize it ;).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#99 | Posted: 2 Nov 2011 18:48 
Honestly saying, I'm more oriented to thinking people, 'cause I'm considering myself thinking, too :)
We'll see how it goes. The version is not yet released and not tested by somebody except me. After collecting more responses I may change my opinion.

Author Pauly
Partaker
#100 | Posted: 5 Nov 2011 05:07 
I'm looking forward to viewing the miniBB in new colors and version.

Author tom322
#101 | Posted: 7 Nov 2011 06:23 
Pauly:
I'm looking forward to viewing the miniBB in new colors and version.
You're looking indeed ;)

Author tom322
#102 | Posted: 12 Nov 2011 07:03 
I noticed Gmail is testing a 'new look.' It strangely reminds the miniBB's first page layout. Cannot be coincidence : miniBB was first :

Now I see why it's a good idea to keep the mobile version hidden from the public eye until the last day ;-).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#103 | Posted: 14 Nov 2011 15:48 
Hmm, could you please be more specific on that? If I enter Gmail today, there is nothing to remind the miniBB's layout... thx.

Author tom322
#104 | Posted: 14 Nov 2011 16:45 
When you login go gmail in the lower-left corner there should be link to 'Switch to new look' - it just reminds me first and topic pages of miniBB (maybe it's a stretch but they also have these icons - miniBB has colorful, they are more transparent ; ).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#105 | Posted: 15 Nov 2011 11:19 
Sorry, but I didn't noticed anything reminding miniBB. Except for the Arial font of approximately the same size, but Arial is used on tons of pages worldwide. So far Gmail have different icons, different colors, different text placement. The ugly black stripe on top is something which definitely doesn't replace the "top green border" of miniBB, and it was introduced to default Google pages long time ago. Not saying Gmail's love to such bullshit "technology" as AJAX, which has blown the whole Internet like a bad virus - well, I feel lucky that Google guys, most possibly, have no even smaller idea about miniBB existence :)

Page  Page 7 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is coming up in new colors and version
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑