miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Lost colors on forum (css is not loaded up)

Author Bitfiddler
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Apr 2011 09:00 
I just implemented a header. It uses a style sheet and some php code. Now the forums have lost their nice colours. Its almost as if they are no longer using a style sheet.

If I remove the header, everything is fine.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Apr 2011 11:30 
Bitfiddler:
It uses a style sheet and some php code.
PHP code in the template? I think this is causing the issue.

Author Bitfiddler
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 3 Apr 2011 00:48 
Paul:
Bitfiddler:
It uses a style sheet and some php code.

PHP code in the template? I think this is causing the issue.
Paul, I tried various combinations. Even if the footer file is blank, it loses the colours. If I comment includeheader, then its fine.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 4 Apr 2011 02:08 
"Losing the colors" may actually mean the CSS file is not loaded up. When your website is loaded up in the browser, View the Source Code for it. In the source code, locate the CSS URL. Most probably it will contain some error which could give you some points of why it's not loaded up.

Author Bitfiddler
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 4 Apr 2011 21:37 
Paul:
"Losing the colors" may actually mean the CSS file is not loaded up. When your website is loaded up in the browser, View the Source Code for it. In the source code, locate the CSS URL. Most probably it will contain some error which could give you some points of why it's not loaded up.
Paul, I found that bb_functions (line 101 in my copy) when it loads IncludeHeader, it returns. so that main_header is not loaded. Maybe you intended it this way. But I was expecting it to load my header and then load yours. I have commented out the return for now. It works really well (including php code ans tyle sheets etc in my header).

Thanks for a great effort in producing this board.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 5 Apr 2011 03:23 
If you load your own header, logically, miniBB WILL NOT load up its own.
Else why would we need such configuration, in general? :)

I have no ideas where did you read or take this information. Even the manual clearly says for that option: ....if you don't want to use miniBB's default main_header.html...

You shall paste default miniBB's header code parts to your own header, if you want them appearing there.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Lost colors on forum (css is not loaded up)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑