®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Login Form / Box in another page

Author teva
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Dec 2003 11:02 
Is there a solution that users can login to the forum from webpage?
I would like to use minibb login for whole site, not just for the forum.

Is there a autologin, or remember my login function, so user can escape login and password everytime?

Thank You

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 2 Dec 2003 13:32 
This is a difficult question and depends on your side... a lot of additional programming, but there is no special function for that. But if you know PHP, this is possible, of course.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 10 Dec 2003 01:46 
I have a simular question to teva :

I am currently installing miniBB on part of my site that is protected using .htacess. I only want my users to log in once to acess the area containing miniBB and am only interested in their user name on the forum so I know who has posted.
So could I set a session variable as $user_usr when they first login?

Sudden thought how do I get the value into $user_usr from .htacess as this is something to do with Apache !!!!!!

Further thought required : (

Anthony

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 10 Dec 2003 01:55 
Anonymous
yes, this is possible if you will compile apache with mysql support - otherwise you will have to make general password for forum access and then users will also have to login into forums. Actually in miniBB there's whole forum password protection when there's additional general password for forums.

Of course we can compile apache with mysql module for you ;) but for special fee ;) it's not related to minibb , it's about apache and server config..

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 10 Dec 2003 12:48 
Thanks for the offer "Team" at the moment I am a bit hard up ( how do wifes spend so much on christmas " Bah humbug " ) but I will see what happens in the new year.

Anthony

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 11 Dec 2003 22:24 
I have had a look around again at this problem and have found this :

$name = $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'];
$pass = $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'];

I can now set $name as the user name and $pass as the password. I now need to take this one stage further with the forum !!

Anthony

Author BlinK_
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 23 Nov 2006 14:35 
Hello. Is it possible to have login form in another page? I have miniBB embeded in my website. And i want to place login form at the right of my site, not in forum page. Can i do that somehow? Thank you foe help.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 23 Nov 2006 15:19 
Yes, it's possible to have it, but you need to be experienced user to implement this. Your case is very custom, and I can give you only general advices.

Pay attention to bb_cookie.php file, it has all functions to manipulate with user login information. You may include the file in your script, but keep in mind the full path to the script.

The most important function is user_logged_in() which generates $user_id (if $user_id=0 this means user is not logged in). Call this function to know user's ID, and display login information correspondingly (you can use the same routine and templates even, as miniBB uses).

Your cookie settings should be set and work on the whole domain.

$cookiepath='/'; //this is a must

Author BlinK_
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 27 Nov 2006 07:51 
Thanks for help. But the user_logged_in() function generetes same and only USER ID 1. I tried with admin user and with other user which USER ID is 2.

BTW: Is there some other function wich generates USER IDs of all logged in users...?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 27 Nov 2006 08:16 
This function generates exactly ID of the user which is logged in :-) ID=1 only means you're logged as an admin, still logged, and not logged out.

This is the only one function which determines ID. I don't see a sense in calling it miniBB, if it even has many functions for detection a user...

Author BlinK_
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 27 Nov 2006 09:20 
EDIT: Sorry. Made a dumb mistake. So what is the most proper way to know all the logged in users right now?

Author Team
8-)
#12 | Posted: 27 Nov 2006 12:17 
are you calling user_logged_in() function in your custom page where you're checking if user is logged in? if so this function should return the id of username you're currently logged in. Like if you're logged as a user with id==2 it should return 2. If it returns a different user_id this mean you're still logged with a different user_id . Also make sure the page you're using for logins is using the same domain name as your miniBB forum.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Login Form / Box in another page
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑