| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Problems with who's online add-on - resets few times per day

Author Demon
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 10 Sep 2005 13:21 
Hi,
I have a problem with the whosonline_data.php,
in fact it's save the number of guests and members of the day, but the day after it give me some errors ("access denied") and the statistics are erased.

this happens every day.

Could it be a problem of the server?

I've tried to set permissions on the whosoline_data.php that now are: -rw----

if i try to set permission to 777 or different the server return an error message, "impossible to set permission". This happens only with this file.

Someone can help me?
Thanks a lot.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 10 Sep 2005 17:54 
Probably, you will not be able to set the permission for that file. We are still looking for the solution... because when PHP renames the file, it sets his own permissions, so only PHP script could achieve this file. Is somebody knows the solution how to make the file with permissions 777 automatically, we would be glad to implement it.

As about resetting the stats - it's interesting prob. What exactly errors do you get? Post a full error message please.

Author Demon
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 11 Sep 2005 12:27 
The full error message is displayed to the first visitor of the day,
so I can't report that now cause I have a lot of registered user that use that.

However I remember that one of the error is: "permission denied to access whosonline_data.php"

I hope to report full error message as soon as possibile, so you can look at the line code error.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 11 Sep 2005 17:19 
Will wait for it.

I have take a look at the code - are you sure that nobody knows your admin password? Maybe try to change it. Because there is an option when logged in admin can reset the counter.

Author Demon
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 11 Sep 2005 18:24 
Nobody knows the passwd, however i will try changing it.

How can the admin reset the counter?

Can i change this option?

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 11 Sep 2005 18:49 
If you are logged in as admin, then type in URL

/whosonline.php?resetwonline=1

and your counter will be reset.

For avoiding this, remove this code from whosonline.php:

if($user_id==1 and isset($_GET['resetwonline']
)) {
$w_record[1]=0; $w_record[2]=0;
}

Author Demon
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 12 Sep 2005 14:28 
I removed the code lines:

f($user_id==1 and isset($_GET['resetwonline']
)) {
$w_record[1]=0; $w_record[2]=0;
}

and now it's all ok.... It works without deleting the records.

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 12 Sep 2005 14:39 
Ok... so, be sure nobody knew your admin's password... because it's possible to reset only if you are logged in as admin.

Author Demon
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 14 Sep 2005 13:45 
Well... the problem is the same, I've also changed my admin passwd.

I report these errors:

Warning: main(./shared_files/whosonline_data.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php on line 52

Warning: main(./shared_files/whosonline_data.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php on line 52

Warning: main(): Failed opening './shared_files/whosonline_data.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php:52) in /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php on line 61

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php on line 77

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/vhosts/"myurl"/Forum/whosonline.php on line 86

----
I guess that the problem is due to the permission denied to include whosonline_data.php on line 52 of whosonline.php

hope someone could help me.
Thanks

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 14 Sep 2005 17:34 
Well, you are right about this line, but for some reason, I think, whosonline_data.php is sometimes simply DELETED on your server. I can not say more, and you probably need to consult your provider on this - why this file is deleted. Maybe he is able to check logs. As you see, on our site this plugin is working with no problems for months already. And for example on biggest minibb forums it handles 150+ visitors w/o problems. So the reason is somewhere on your server.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Problems with who's online add-on - resets few times per day
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑