miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /   

unsubscribe - how to?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 17:03 
How users can unsubscribe form getting e-mail messages form the board?

Kirill, Moscow

Author Team
#2 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 17:13 
By unchecking email subscription option.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 18:51 
Where is it? I can't find

Author Sergei
Team member
#4 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 21:15 
if you're registered user and you recieve email notifications from the topic you've chosen. In this topic under the post form you have a checkbox which manages subscription.

If you are admin and you don't want receive notification about every post users make to your forum change $emailadmin=1; to $emailadmin=0;
in your setup_options.php
Anyway RTFM.

Author GoodMojo
#5 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 21:48 
My provider does not support email. So I turned email notifications in setup_options.php off.
When a new user registers, then the following is displayed:
Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /.../.../.../ bb_functions.php on line 1508
Is this right ?

Author Sergei
Team member
#6 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 22:10 
yepp your provider has disabled mail function. if you don't want any errors to appear write this line:
in index.php for example.
Or ask your provider to enable mail function for you

Author GoodMojo
#7 | Posted: 24 Mar 2002 22:13 

Author Team
#8 | Posted: 25 Mar 2002 10:41 
Kirill: when registered user subscribes to the topic, he can see "Unsubscribe" link instead of checkbox.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To / unsubscribe - how to? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB