miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

set up the board without registered users

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 16 Mar 2007 15:37 
Hello, is it possible to use minibb without register system?

Thanks

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 16 Mar 2007 18:42 
I think it is possible: in setup_options.php, set $enableNewRegistrations to false. I think that's all one needs to do to disable the user registration system in miniBB but, just to be sure, let's just wait for an official response from the miniBB Team.
-mb

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 16 Mar 2007 20:25 
My unofficial response is - of course it is. Otherwise, Anonymous, how do you think you were able to post your message? :-)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 16 Mar 2007 21:25 
Agree with tom322. :-) Here, at the miniBB Support Forum, anyone can read and post; in other words, registration is optional. I thought the original poster wanted to know how to disable registration/make option unavailable; I did a search and found this response from Paul: https://www.minibb.com/forums/2_3777_0.html#msg22796
- mb

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 16 Mar 2007 22:17 
Yes, I see someone can post without register (anonymous) but my idea was delete the register options (all people will be anonymous (well or a nick), a minibb wihtout register users.

Thanks a lot for the responses.

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 16 Mar 2007 23:02 
Edit templates/main_header.html and remove {$l_menu[2]} (Sign Up/Register) link.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 19 Mar 2007 05:34 
Concatenating the all above written:

1) set $enableNewRegistrations (setup_options.php) to FALSE;

2) Edit templates/main_header.html and remove {$l_menu[2]} ;

3) Possibly edit templates/user_login_form.html and eliminate the Password field (so users don't need to enter the password, but if they will be required to enter a nickname, pay attention at Required Nickname solution from Downloads;

4) Don't forget to purchase the Captcha addon ;-) It will protect your board from anonymous automated spam and flood...

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 set up the board without registered users
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑