miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Manual to FAQ

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 22 May 2005 11:24 
How can I replace the miniBB User guide linking to FAQ in the top navi with any other page or FAQ page?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 22 May 2005 16:10 
The esiest way is to simply replace the page manual.html in /templates/ with the desired one.

Author epicsff
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 May 2005 18:13 
I didn't think it was neccessary for members to see the full manual, so I replaced it with just the BB Codes explanation... I also changed DISABLE, to DISABLE BB CODES...which I think is meant by 'disable'...

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#4 | Posted: 22 May 2005 20:37 
Many people did the same :)

Yes, "Disable" means "Disable BB Codes".

However, in this your shortened manual you could add also the principles of registration, the way of receiving passwords - at the registration and forgotten ones, some requirements about the well-mannered language in the BB - in general some basic things, simply to avoid explaining them later.

Only me, I keep the full manual in the "Manual" link, but this is intentional - I like to torture my friends with long texts :)

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 23 May 2005 10:51 
Thank you for your replies. I am a newbie. I didn't understand what "DISABLE, to DISABLE BB CODES..."and "BBcodes" are and where I can find them? I know I have to replace manual.html in /templates/ with somethingelse but how can I replace it with not-manual.htm. You meant I should change all contents and keep manual.html???

Thank you in advance.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#6 | Posted: 23 May 2005 11:00 
Yes, exactly. Change the content and leave the name of the file.

You can also, in this case, change in the language file the option

$l_menu[4]='Manual';

to

$l_menu[4]='FAQ';

or to

$l_menu[4]='Terms';

or to

$l_menu[4]='Notes';

or to

$l_menu[4]='Instructions';

or to what you like most.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 23 May 2005 11:03 
Thank you your help.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 8 Dec 2010 08:02 
The templates faq.html and manual_xyz.html can not be provided with variables such as

https://www.minibb.com/forums etc. Is that correct?

I wanted to customize it for myself but got error.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 8 Dec 2010 13:35 
Supposing Instructions may have large text, we have intentionally skipped their parsing via regular miniBB templates parsing function. That's why these templates are included as regular PHP files, using include() statement, and for providing any PHP variables, you may use:

<?php echo $main_url; ?>
instead.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 9 Dec 2010 00:15 
Thank you for your helpful answer. Now it works.

Author onzevil
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 15 Dec 2010 16:43 
Thank you

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Manual to FAQ
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑