miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /   

How to remove user fields?

Author wilkinsmd
#1 | Posted: 6 Apr 2006 20:25 
I read in the manual about adding custom user fields in the dbUserScheme array, but I'm interested in the opposite...I want to delete/disable the user_interest field (and perhaps one or two others). I tried editing the setup_options.php file and commented out the user_interest field from the dbUserScheme=array{ ... definition, but this made no difference in the user registration form. How can I do this?

Thanks
Mark

Author _Marco
Registered
#2 | Posted: 6 Apr 2006 21:25 
There is a simple way to make this work.

Edit user_dataform.html and remove everything you don't need.

If a user did fill in this info before, you could remove the data in the users-table with phpmyadmin. Then you will never see it again.

If you don't show the options, they will not be used :-)
It would be unwise to edit the dbUserScheme, php-code or database when it is not needed. That would make updates of the minibb-core much more complicated.

_Marco

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 7 Apr 2006 11:46 
Marco is right - just edit user_dataform.html and remove not necessary fields. If you are professional enough, you can also physically remove them from database, and re-arrange the $dbUserSheme array after.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To / How to remove user fields? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB