miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /   

Changing post topic / post message button

Author h4tt3n
Registered
#1 | Posted: 30 Sep 2005 11:23 | Edited by: h4tt3n 
Hi folks,

Is it possible to change the post-button in the message form so that it only says "post topic" or "post message" but not "sign in/post topic" or "sign in/post message"?

I am running an open forum, and i've experienced that some people are scared away by the whole membership-thing. Thats why I've removed the "sign in / signed in as-" bar in the message form, and for that reason the whole "sign in" thing is no longer relevant.

best regards,
h4tt3n

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 1 Oct 2005 10:48 
I would not recommend to change core script files, since you are loosing simple update possibility despite the non-important change. Just introduce NEW language variable in your language pack (or even better bb_plugins.php), for example, $l_enterforums2='Post it'; and then in templates/user_login_only_form.html just replace $l_enterforums to it.

Author h4tt3n
Registered
#3 | Posted: 2 Oct 2005 11:43 
Thanks!

I'll replace the files I changed and do that.

regards,
h4tt3n

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To / Changing post topic / post message button Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB