miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /   

Admin mail -> email_reply_notify -> Change sender

Author MarcDK
Registered
#1 | Posted: 17 Apr 2003 16:30 
Is it possible to change the sender of the notify-mails? It's a bad thing that the e-mail adress of the admin shows up there. Nice would be something like "MiniBB Forum" as sender of the mail. :) Can I change that?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 17 Apr 2003 16:41 
MarcDK
Actually, the sender must be some "real" email, or at last correct email. You can not put some physical name there, in this case you will see, for example: miniBBForum@yourprovidername.com

But this of course can be changed - in bb_functions.php, sendMail() function. You need to edit Reply-To: header.

Author MarcDK
Registered
#3 | Posted: 19 Apr 2003 14:51 
mh, but why does it have to be a real email Adress? Other forum-software can manage this. :(

Anyway, thanx for your help :)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 22 Apr 2003 10:07 
Not real, but correct. Depends only on you what you will put there.

Author MarcDK
Registered
#5 | Posted: 2 May 2003 18:57 
Can you please explain what exactly I have to change in that function? I'm not in PHP you know :)

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 5 May 2003 10:13 
Check this line:

"From: $from_email\r\nReply-To: $errors_email\r\nErrors-To: $errors_email\r\nX-Mailer: PHP ver. $php_version"

and replace emails you need.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To / Admin mail -> email_reply_notify -> Change sender Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB