miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /   

Add new forum, but don't make it live immediately

Author benluke4
#1 | Posted: 4 Mar 2009 05:46 
Hi,

I need to add another forum but I dont want it to go live as I need to add a number of topics before the public view it.

Is this possible? What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Ben

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 4 Mar 2009 06:37 | Edited by: Paul 
Pay attention to the following setup_options.php settings:

$protectWholeForum=1;
$protectWholeForumPwd='your_password';

Setting $protectWholeForum to 1 you will protect forum by a password set under $protectWholeForumPwd.

Author benluke4
#3 | Posted: 5 Mar 2009 13:25 
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply.

I think I need to provide a little bit more information.

Basically, I have 5 forums which are already running. The problem is I want to add another but, don't want it to go live straight away because I need to add some (quite a lot of) topics first. When I go into the admin panel and add another forum - it of course goes live straight away.

Is there any work around? Maybe changing some code so that the forum I want to edit before going live will not display in the "public" list of forums.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Ben

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 6 Mar 2009 03:35 
Then you would need to associate it under bb_specials.php as a closed forum... refer to manual for more.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To / Add new forum, but don't make it live immediately Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB