miniBB ®  
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /   

How to find where to edit this and that

Author K3_
Registered
#1 | Posted: 17 Jun 2006 18:53 
hi I have a problem whit $l_enterforums button...

ok I only need know in which file this $l_enterforums
I need to modify the button

ok thx :D

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 18 Jun 2006 09:28 | Edited by: Paul 
This variable amongst others is in language pack... /lang/eng.php or whatever; button itself is in templates/user_login_only_form.html.

We are a bit tired of the questions like this, so here is the short basic solution how to know where to edit this and that, if you want to edit it.

Everything what you need is to search within extracted miniBB files for content. You must know only what part of content is to search about. In your case, part of content will be "$l_enterforums".

Install Total Commander, browse into directory where miniBB files are exctracted, run Alt + F7 and find all files by "file text".

Click on the thumbnail below to enlarge and view full screenshot of this panel.

" style="width:150px

Default windows "Search" (Start -> Search -> For Files or Folders -> All Files) gives the same results, but only not allowing to search within specified directory (or at least we don't know how). TC is a great tool not only for this, but also for many other file management and FTP operations.

P.S. This is not TC advertisemet, we are not affiliated with them. It's just a great software. Download it for free and use it in your work, please, instead of overloading our stuff with basic questions. Thank you!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 14:03 
Here I explained specifically, how to locate certain phrases or file names to search.

FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ / How to find where to edit this and that Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message
 Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
  Extend your miniBB-forums, attaching the images and files,
get the File and Picture Attachments add-on!
Galleries / Attachments Addon for miniBB