®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

How to find where to edit this or that

Author K3_
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 17 Jun 2006 18:53 
hi I have a problem whit $l_enterforums button...

ok I only need know in which file this $l_enterforums
I need to modify the button

ok thx :D

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 18 Jun 2006 09:28 
This variable amongst others is in language pack... /lang/eng.php or whatever; button itself is in templates/user_login_only_form.html.

We are a bit tired of the questions like this, so here is the short basic solution how to know where to edit this and that, if you want to edit it.

Everything what you need is to search within extracted miniBB files for content. You must know only what part of content is to search about. In your case, part of content will be "$l_enterforums", or at least, "l_enterforums".

For Windows, install Total Commander, browse into directory where miniBB files are exctracted, run Alt + F7 and find all files by "file text". For other OS you could find the similar file manager with ability to search by keyword within files.

Click on the thumbnail below to enlarge and view full screenshot of this panel.

On results page, click a file name and open it via pressing F3. Press F3 even further unless you reach the code which contains the searched fragment.

Default windows "Search" (Start -> Search -> For Files or Folders -> All Files) gives the same results, but only not allowing to search within specified directory (or at least we don't know how). TC is a great tool not only for this, but also for many other file management and FTP operations.

P.S. This is not TC advertisemet, we are not affiliated with them. It's just a great software and free to download.

Thank you for giving us the time for more dedicated work than answering repeated basic questions :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 14:03 
Here I explained specifically, how to locate certain phrases or file names to search.

Author peter100
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 18 Mar 2018 10:31 
How do i change the color of the white field as seen here:

Search Screenshot

the field that reads 'zoek tekst'

I can't find it in style.css

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 18 Mar 2018 12:25 
Here's a quick tutorial how to find where to edit CSS:

- view the source of the page in the browser you use
- find/locate the phrase "zoek tekst"
- in your case, you will see it's located in the HTML like

<td class="tbClCp" style="width:25%">Zoek tekst</td>
you'll see it's a class named 'tbClCp'. The same way, open your .css file, find/locate 'tbClCp' and change the background-color property.

Author peter100
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 18 Mar 2018 14:56 
Paul
Thanks, that was very easy !!

FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 How to find where to edit this or that
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑