miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /   

What happens with vars during templates parsing?

Author terex
Registered
#1 | Posted: 26 Apr 2003 17:51 | Edited by: terex 
Sorry for my english first

piece of templates/user_logn_form:
<input tabindex=0 type=text size=10 maxlength=25 name="user_usr" value="{$user_usr}" class=textForm>

piece of bb_fucn_vthread.php:
if (!$user_usr) $user_usr=$l_anonymous;
$mainPostArea=ParseTpl($mainPostArea);

Why value of $user_usr does not appear in the input box in the login form?

It interest me because when users sees blank textbox, they left it as is. After, i see messages only from Anonymous =)

But if $l_anonymous wrote in "login" field, probably users will change whis name to another.

Author mmx
Registered
#2 | Posted: 26 Apr 2003 18:07 | Edited by: mmx 
if you try a username that exists - without the correct password (because you mistyped or it is not your account) you will see an error message; if you click back there the template will fill in the account you tried.
of course the very first time a user comes in the template cannot "smell" who is trying to get in :-)

Author terex
Registered
#3 | Posted: 26 Apr 2003 18:55 | Edited by: terex 
Oops.. I didn't think about this :)
Ok, no questions.

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class / What happens with vars during templates parsing? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB