miniBB Support Forums | 17 years on The Web
miniBB ® 

miniBB

®

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /   

Is the $xtr function call to getClForums needed in bb_func_vthread.php file?

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 9 Jun 2019 01:39 
I have a quick question regarding a line of code in bb_func_vthread.php. In the "/* User info in posts */" section of the code there is this line:

$xtr=getClForums($userInfo,'where','',$dbUserId,'or','=');

(and the associated):

unset($xtr);

My question - is this line needed? Because from what I checked, it only produces a list of user_ids of the posters in the thread, like:

where (user_id=505 or user_id=0 or user_id=44 or user_id=181 or user_id=128 or user_id=109 or user_id=123)

I don't understand why it would be ever needed to call this getClForums function on action='vthread' pages (within the user info posts).. When I commented these lines, everything seemed to work the same.. (even though I have closed forum) and without these lines the script would be a little faster since it won't call this getClForums function? Thank you.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 9 Jun 2019 03:46 
Ok, I got it now - what it is now is surely correct (without this $xtr condition the script would have to go through all users instead of just those who posted in this topic : ).

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 9 Jun 2019 12:29 
tom322
Yes, and thus $xtr is used in another requests, so its value should not cross with them (that's why it's unset after the request is completed).

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Is the $xtr function call to getClForums needed in bb_func_vthread.php file?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑