Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Putting page numbers on titles

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 13 Jun 2006 09:19 
What we are talking about are the titles placed between <title>...</title> tags. You see them at the very top of each browser window. In that case, I think, it's better to display all page numbers, if there are more than 1 page available.

Yes, this will be changed in default version.

Page splitting function won't be changed.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#17 | Posted: 18 Jul 2006 16:24 
Paul, I actually saw something... (I have mod_rewrite Off.)

At the front page the links to the pages of a topic show the following addresses:

Link -> Address
Title -> Topic number
2 -> 1
3 -> 2
etc.

The links inside the topic show the following addresses:

Link -> Address
1 -> 0
2 -> 1
3 -> 2
etc.

The normal is:

At the front page:

Link -> Address
Title -> 1
2 -> 2
3 -> 3
etc.

Inside the topic:

Link -> Address
1 -> 1
2 -> 2
3 -> 3
etc.

Could we do like this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 18 Jul 2006 19:17 
Ivan
So, do you mean that if page=0 in URL it's actually the page #1? And if page=1 that's actually #2?

If yes, there will be no changes regarding that. That is programmed from the very beginning, and I doubt we will rewrite all the scripts to make it corresponding. Yes, if $page variable is equal to 0, it's actually the first page, but it can not be changed to keep many, many references.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#19 | Posted: 18 Jul 2006 20:28 
I understand now. Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#20 | Posted: 2 Oct 2008 12:35 
Not always is good to bring up the finished things, but still... Update to my post at 10 Jun 2006 09:53 is that in the recent miniBB, we have actually introduced "Page" language variable. So now it's possible with no big pain to put the "Page" phrase into the title too.

However I'm still not sure it will be useful and worth, so other opinions are welcome.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Putting page numbers on titles
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑