®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Additional meta information for each post

Author lozmatic
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 8 Dec 2007 22:04 
Information in miniBB is effectively organised by forum group (eg. Generic forums here), forum and the post's title and the post itself.

It would be useful if there was the option to define one or more 'levels' of information by adding drop down menus people have to select from when posting.

For example, in the 'Flowers' group there is a forum for 'Roses'. When posting users would have to select between 'Red, White, Black or N/a' from a Colour field and perhaps multiple countries from another.

This would allow for lists such as...

- All posts from all forums that have 'red' in the colour field.
- All posts from all forums that have 'Russia' in the country field.

Etc...

This would be a useful feature for sites that have very structured information such as product catalogs.

But I think it's a complex feature, right?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 11 Dec 2007 10:01 
Yes it's a complex feature and I don't see much sense in implementing it. Catalogs is a completely different script and is not related to the forum software.

So thank you for suggestion, but it stays out of our concepts (additionally I must say miniBB doesn't contain forum "groups" - they are simply "supertitles" i.e. the titles which follow before the forum title, but they are not groups of that meaning).

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Additional meta information for each post
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑