Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

$resetReadLink requirement for Unread Messages

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 2 Aug 2013 14:30 
Ok - what would it cost to have the changes made?

;o)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 2 Aug 2013 14:54 
Well, I'm not taking jobs less than $100 for now, so this could be about it.
Also, it could merely fit the regular working fees on miniBB, since I don't doubt it could take about 2-3 hrs in total for this feature being up in the official add-on.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 2 Aug 2013 15:16 
For $100 I'd be interested, if you can also help with my layout question in the 'Skins' thread???

;o)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 5 Aug 2013 11:24 
I can help you on this forum free of charge, if you have a common question.
It takes couple of minutes on my end, and gives a little bit of pleasure to answer the new question.
But providing a new modification in the official add-on would cost me much more time.
You're welcome ;)

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 5 Aug 2013 11:37 
I fully agree and understand!
And thank for the 'skins' info - much appreciated!

So, how can we now book you to do the changes to the 'Unread Messages' add-on?

We would like to be able to have a the 'green circle' shown in the main forums headings when there are new unread messages in the forum pages, plus the ability to have all messages automatically marked as 'Read' when a user exits the forum (the assumption being that any messages they have not read was a decision based on not being interested in them).

Then when next accessing the forum only new messages posted since their last visit would be flagged.

:o)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 5 Aug 2013 11:54 
I'll take your suggestions into consideration, but unfortunately, can't name the exact terms. Right now I'm on vacation with my family until the end of the week. After that, I'm fully "booked" for at least two weeks already. So the end of August appears the most right term for it; if I have a break to make it faster, I'll do it.

It would be better to keep the private communication on that.
Drop your wishes to ghappa [at] gmail and we'll try to arrange it gradually via email.

Regards.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 $resetReadLink requirement for Unread Messages
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑