®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Opera 9.00 Beta login status disappears

Author hokic
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 24 Apr 2006 17:39 
Hello, I am using new Opera version and I discovered a little problem with login status. I log in, then click on some forum name and everything is o.k. Below Message form there is "Signed in as: hokic".

But when I click on "Forums" link above and return to the homepage, there is no sign that I am logged in and I see only login/pass form. But it probably doesn't mean that I am logged off, because when I go forward to some forum again, I can see I am still signed in and I can post another message under my nick.

I have tested it also in Opera 8 and there is no problem like this, so maybe the bug is on the side of the browser. But this is a question I cannot answer, so I am posting this message to you. I hope it will help. Thanks alot.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 24 Apr 2006 19:04 
I'm not an expert, but I think your homepage does not include "www" before domain. If that's the case, try to put "www" before domain and you should appear to be logged in. I don't think it's a bug as Team explained a while ago.

Author hokic
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 25 Apr 2006 16:40 
Well, you're right, but I had this problem also here on minibb forum. But today - everything works fine. I don't know why, the problem is away. I tested it several times yesterday to be sure so it can't be my mystake.

The only change I have made is an instalation of Opera javascript pluggin for remebering forms data. Maybe it is caused by this pluggin, but I am not sure wheter to uninstal it for test is a good idea while forum seems to behave good :))

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 25 Apr 2006 17:28 
It could also be related to cookies. maybe you deleted internet cookies in the meantime or renamed/change expiration of the cookie in setup_options.php.

Anyway, it's good it's working - you'll know this script better from experience just like me ;).

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Opera 9.00 Beta login status disappears
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑