miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Opera 9.00 Beta login status disappears

Author hokic
Registered
#1 | Posted: 24 Apr 2006 17:39 
Hello, I am using new Opera version and I discovered a little problem with login status. I log in, then click on some forum name and everything is o.k. Below Message form there is "Signed in as: hokic".

But when I click on "Forums" link above and return to the homepage, there is no sign that I am logged in and I see only login/pass form. But it probably doesn't mean that I am logged off, because when I go forward to some forum again, I can see I am still signed in and I can post another message under my nick.

I have tested it also in Opera 8 and there is no problem like this, so maybe the bug is on the side of the browser. But this is a question I cannot answer, so I am posting this message to you. I hope it will help. Thanks alot.

Author tom322
Registered
#2 | Posted: 24 Apr 2006 19:04 
I'm not an expert, but I think your homepage does not include "www" before domain. If that's the case, try to put "www" before domain and you should appear to be logged in. I don't think it's a bug as Team explained a while ago.

Author hokic
Registered
#3 | Posted: 25 Apr 2006 16:40 
Well, you're right, but I had this problem also here on minibb forum. But today - everything works fine. I don't know why, the problem is away. I tested it several times yesterday to be sure so it can't be my mystake.

The only change I have made is an instalation of Opera javascript pluggin for remebering forms data. Maybe it is caused by this pluggin, but I am not sure wheter to uninstal it for test is a good idea while forum seems to behave good :))

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion

Author tom322
Registered
#4 | Posted: 25 Apr 2006 17:28 
It could also be related to cookies. maybe you deleted internet cookies in the meantime or renamed/change expiration of the cookie in setup_options.php.

Anyway, it's good it's working - you'll know this script better from experience just like me ;).

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Opera 9.00 Beta login status disappears Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB