miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Making a Super Sticky topic from bb_plugins?

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 04:51 
Is there an easy way to make a topic 'super sticky' from bb_plugins (or maybe setup_options)? I wanted to take a topic and randomly display it as Super Sticky topic on the main page. For example, for logged users, I want to display $topic_id=250 as if it was a Super Sticky topic. I thought something like that would work:

if($action=='' and $user_id>0) $specialThreads='250';
But it only displayed the number '250' on the first page (I hoped it would display all the details just like a real Super Sticky topic..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 11:22 
Sorry, it's not possible with an easy way or default miniBB codes.

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 19:34 
I thought so - it should go on TODO list then (providing it's not too much resource consuming ; ).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 1 Aug 2013 11:00 
Actually, it stands closer to the impossible task, because super-stickies are built/sorted/selected based on the database information.
If to the regular module we're going to attach some kind of static info, this info should be concatenated with that one coming from the database. I could break my brains aligning all these arrays into a common shape.

Sorry, but I'm not considering this as a feature which would work for most of forums. It's up to too much job which I have no reason for.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Making a Super Sticky topic from bb_plugins?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑