miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /   

Restricted Category

Author Nalinith
Registered
#1 | Posted: 18 Nov 2009 20:43 
I was curious to know how I go about making certain categories restricted to certain user ids. Kind of like having a VIP section. I've looked at a previous example that works for topics, but not sure how to go about it for categories.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 19 Nov 2009 02:39 
If you mean a closed forums which is allowed for certain users only, take a look at the $clForums, $clForumsUsers options. Read: Manual - Private Forums.

Author Nalinith
Registered
#3 | Posted: 19 Nov 2009 16:34 
Ah, Thanks so much! Sorry that this has probably been asked before and that it's even in the manual! :(

Though, I hope for others that search for this find this thread and see your link to the manual.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 20 Nov 2009 04:03 
No problem, pal.

Author RAM
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2009 04:50 
Is it possible to make a private forum visible to everybody, with only possibility to write limited to a certain group of users?

An archive forum is fine, but it requires granting users moderator's privileges to write in it. They will see others' IPs and so on, that I dislike.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#6 | Posted: 24 Nov 2009 07:13 
You may get some ideas from this thread:
Private forum, but visible for everyone

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled / Restricted Category Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB