miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /   

anonymous users get "Login/password combination is incorrect" message

Author zorglub
Registered
#1 | Posted: 14 May 2003 20:13 
How to do so that instead of anonymous, users could enter a nickname without being registred users... But considered as anonymous (no link for <i>userinfo</i>) ?

Thanks a lot ;)

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2003 10:40 
Btw, what do you mean under "enter a nickname without being registred users"? First of all I thought it was about that user needs to enter something to get into the forums. But this feature is already available - user can enter nickname w/o password. What do you mean, this?

Author zorglub
Registered
#3 | Posted: 20 May 2003 14:25 
yes ! If I don't want the 'anonymous' name but that people could enter a nick just for one post, without entering a password. So they wouldn't have the "Login/password combination is incorrect" message... There wouldn't be a link to their 'profile' but just the name... uh. My english isn't quite perfect anyway hope I was clear ;)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 21 May 2003 10:12 
zorglub
"Login/password combination is incorrect" message appears when user enters a nickname that is already in use by registered member. Sorry, I don't see any solution how to report about this another way. In that case, of course, user will not be able post as anonymous under another nickname.

Author zorglub_
#5 | Posted: 22 May 2003 20:49 
yeeeeess :! of coursee !! It's working thank you : you saved one white night on a stupid mistake of mine... Anonymous can post, give a nick and it is checked weither or not this nick is already in use : this is quiite smart ;)
Thanks again :D

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other / anonymous users get "Login/password combination is incorrect" message Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB