Next / previous message in PM add-on

Author Vodicka
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 16:50 
I know you have created next / previous topic for somebody:
https://www.minibb.com/forums/4_4407_0.html

I was wondering if it was possible to implement something similar in PM add on

- I read private mail.
- I click on "next" and see next message without having to going back to list of messages.

The problem might be that we don't use database for PM but the folder/files system.

Anyway, would it be still possible?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 3 Feb 2009 02:14 
Regarding Previous / Next topic add-on, there is completely different and much more complicated algorithm as it would be for PM, because we should take sticky topics into consideration, and there are created even temporary tables for storing such data.

I suppose for PM add-on it would be much simpler to achieve, and it even would be possible for files-based setting as well.

However we don't have plans to extend the add-ons with a feature requested just by one customer, so all such modifications could be performed on a sponsorship basis. Invest $25 and I will update the add-on containing that feature, you will also get a permanent link in the news thread.

Author Vodicka
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 3 Feb 2009 03:26 
OK, let me think of it. In fact it was just one of my moderators who asked for this feature and as for me I dont see too much trouble in opening e.g. 5 messages in new FF tabs and thats it.

Anyway, as we are working on a redesign right now, I need to also know how fast you would be able to extend the addon. In, say, one or two days?

And would it be also "previous" not only "next" link?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 3 Feb 2009 04:42 
I could only expect my working rate, didn't look closely on how to embed that function, but from the database structure I just see it could not take too long.

My schedule is planned for this week now, so I could work on it only next week, Monday-Tuesday. Not possible in the next couple of days.

And yes, it could be both Previous / Next navigation.

Author Vodicka
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 3 Feb 2009 05:17 
Paul:
but from the database structure
Would you need to change database in order to implement the function (even though my PM is in folders/files)? I mean some new column, whatever?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 3 Feb 2009 09:37 
No, database should not need an extension, as well as the files module too.

Author Vodicka
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 5 Feb 2009 04:54 
Sorry I almost forgot - too busy lately.
OK, I would go for it. Can I book you for next week then?

One thing we have not mentioned so far: Do count with implementing the function in received and sent messages as well ? (For he sake of interface consistency.)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 5 Feb 2009 07:30 
Yes, I suppose I could make it available in all 3 sections, i.e. Inbox, Sent and Reminders.

I will put your request in my ToDo list and will reply you when I implemented it.

That would be good time 'cause I was going to implement 2 another new functions in PM and release it next week, so your suggestion will come in that release as well.

I will contact you by email when I am ready, await on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks in advance!

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Next / previous message in PM add-on
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑