®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Tab order on Sign In

Author Michael Hardt
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Sep 2006 13:25 
On this forum, as well as on my own minibb board, after entering my name and password, I have to hit TAB seven times to give focus to the Sign In button. My instinct is to hit TAB once, then ENTER, as soon as I enter my password.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 26 Sep 2006 14:29 
I always hit the Enter button after entering username/password ;).

Author Michael Hardt
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 26 Sep 2006 18:00 
You're right--the ENTER key works. Since I've already developed the habit of hitting TAB, ENTER, I now curse silently each time I inadvertently go back to the home page, saying to myself, "Just hit the ENTER key, stupid!"

It's possible that I'm alone, but if other people typically TAB to the button, then it would be more intuitive if the buttton followed the Password field.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 27 Sep 2006 02:26 
The story about tabs repeats again :-)

What you need to do on your forums, is just to edit templates/user_login_only_form.html and paste tabindex="5" in the submit button code.

I would not consider this as a "bug", however, I will take attention to it in the next release. Thanks!

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Tab order on Sign In
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑