®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB version 2.0 RC6c released

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 4 May 2006 08:37 
Possible SQL Injection fixes! Important update for all users, covers filtering of all variable input going to the scripts. Despite the possible attack, it more depends on mySQL security settings. Credit goes to the 'kevrter' who discovered this thing! Thanks.

Also we have improved some little things in that quick subrelease. Download now and enjoy!

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 5 May 2006 03:04 
Could you please tell me which files must be replace?
I made a lot of change in RC5, and this is hard to do it again for all files;)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#3 | Posted: 5 May 2006 03:25 
Hi Danny2000, the information you need is in the "update history".
Cheers,
mb

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 5 May 2006 15:27 
marsbar
Thanks ;)

Author goran
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 May 2006 20:37 
Hello,

I must be missing it somewhere, but how do I upgrade to RC6c? Is there a guide? Most of my forum is RC4 but some files are RC5 (I changed them as instructed by Paul while installing the file upload plugin).

Thank you,
Goran

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 6 May 2006 23:33 
goran
if you're using RC4 - simply follow the update instructions from the Update History available in our downloads section. You will find the list of all changed files there.

As from the Update History:

Changes comparision: 2.0 RC6b - 2.0 RC6c Updated files:

* bb_admin.php
* bb_func_confpwd.php
* bb_func_delmsg.php
* bb_func_editmsg.php
* bb_func_login.php
* bb_func_movetpc.php
* bb_func_regusr.php
* bb_func_unsub.php
* bb_func_viewip.php
* bb_codes.php - URL improvements
* bb_func_vthread.php - SQL improvement
* bb_func_stats.php - faster SQL queries now
* bb_func_txt.php - urlMaker() improvements
* bb_functions.php - version change
* index.php - "Move Permanently" header on moved topics
* setup_mysql.php - removed function getByDay()

templates/tools_edit_post.html - var anonPost=0; added

But you will need to follow all changes not only 2.0 RC6b - 2.0 RC6c, but also 2.0 RC5 - 2.0 RC5a, 2.0 RC5a - 2.0 RC6, 2.0 RC6 - 2.0 RC6a, 2.0 RC6a - 2.0 RC6b and also 2.0 RC4 - 2.0 RC5...

so it's better to simply overwrite all miniBB files you haven't changed with new ones.. and see what changes have been done to files you've modified .. if there're any crucial changes you will need to overwrite these files too and later do all changes you've made to them again..

The older is your board, the harder it's getting to update to the latest version.. so in many cases the simplest way to overwrite all files and then redo all custom changes you've done to it..

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#7 | Posted: 9 May 2006 07:05 
I saw something that...

I have two forums:
- Active
- Archives (read only)

By now I have moved 2 long topics to Archives, closed them and excluded them from the last discussions via bb_specials.php - $lastOut.

Well, now I don't see them as user (right) and don't see them in the last discussions as moderator (right). But I see them as administrator.

I think that it's normal not to see them as admin, too, because the admin must see the actual state of the forum. May be we have to correct this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 9 May 2006 07:23 
Admin sees everything. Nothing to change here.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#9 | Posted: 9 May 2006 09:47 
I actually suspected such philosophy and accept it.

Author goran
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 10 May 2006 09:37 
Hello,

If I upgrade to RC6 from RC4 will I have to update anything in the DB? If yes is there a guide explaining how to do this?

Thank you,
Goran

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 10 May 2006 12:15 
goran
We have a file called Update History, which contains description of all files changed from version to version. You can follow necessary changes for your version and overwrite/update these files.

As far as I see, for a database, there is one small change, as shown by command in !UPDATE_DB.sql file of the same package.

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB version 2.0 RC6c released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑