miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /   

Your impressions and wishes

Page  Page 7 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  6  7  8  ...  12  Next »  
Author Anonymous
#91 | Posted: 15 Jul 2004 20:27 
We've been using miniBB to power our site for about 2 years now. We're a group of student computer technicians who work at different schools and need to communicate with one another.

We'd like to put in that the forums run beautifully. We like the security method which allows us to put a password in place before a user can even see the forums.

The site responds extremely quickly, which is a good thing, as some of us are behind extremely slow connections. We have even managed to integrate our other content into miniBB, making miniBB the central hub of our site.

Once again, thanks.

Author Nisse Husberg
#92 | Posted: 14 Jun 2004 22:40 
I really like it. We have been using it for a few years already and it is much better than other forums.

Author Gaaz
#93 | Posted: 13 Jun 2004 02:10 
MiniBB seems excellent so far. I really like its lean approach and speed which suits my site a lot. Others like Invision Power and Ultimate this and Yabb that are too bloated. I think MiniBB's approach is the right one and very well written.

My only request: Please keep MiniBB fast and lean and don't add loads of silly nonsense like Avatars etc other than as plug-ins.

Author Wife
#94 | Posted: 7 Jun 2004 10:43 
I luv u :)

Author Josh McGilberry
#95 | Posted: 30 May 2004 20:58 
I am somewhat of a programmer and I was looking into modifying a forum to control an entire site, not just the forums.

Every other forum software I looked at was overcomplexed with junk that most people don't use.

I was on the verge of writing my own forum software that could be adapted to any design I wanted when I found minibb! Very straight forward, easy to understand code, easy to modify -- THANKS!

Author Chell
#96 | Posted: 12 May 2004 06:09 
I searched high and low for an unbloated script that would fit my site rather than my site having to fit the board. Thought the only answer would be for this non-php-genius to try and piece a new board together. Thank you for saving me and my visitors this sort of trouble- lol!

Minibb absolutely rocks! No problem setting it up, it's tiny but with enough features to be comfy. Perfect. :-)

Author steve
#97 | Posted: 30 Apr 2004 17:13 | Edited by: steve 
Really great script, you can see what all is possible within: The Art of Haiku

Greetings from Hamburg

Author Diane
#98 | Posted: 8 Apr 2004 05:49 
I've had my miniBB forum out there for a few weeks now. It appears to be well received, and I'm getting more posts that I used to before. I run a small community website just for the fun of it about hiking in Santa Barbara. MiniBB is just the right size and not too fancy. It won't scare away my visitors with overkill, yet it looks and acts like any top-quality board out there. I was able to get it to look like all the rest of my site (hey, I'm no graphic designer!), and be XHTML transitional with only a few days work, too!

It seems that everybody wants all sorts of fancy systems, but I truly value the simple solution. Thanks for the hard work you put in!

P.S. You may wish to look for a native English-speaker to touch up your FAQ.

Author Marco
#99 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 15:46 
MiniBB is simply WONDERFULL !!!

I've been trying all kind of forums for MONTHS now, and none is easier to configure and to use, and none is faster thant MiniBB.

Of course, there are a few things that you can't do with it - like sending messages - but hey! Who needs to do that anyway! Just use your email...

Keep up the good work! Keep it as simple and souple as it is now!

Thanx again.

Author cool guy
#100 | Posted: 24 Mar 2004 21:34 
Good forum!! love it yay!! :)))

Author anatman
#101 | Posted: 21 Mar 2004 14:37 
I found miniBB easy to install, easy to adapt to my native language (no grafic buttons, that's so very nice), and of course small and fast. After trying 3 "big" boards locally, i decided for miniBB for my small-traffic (hopefully not for long) website.

A big thank you to the Team!

Two suggestions that might help it spread and become even more popular: 1) better support for BBcode, i have seen this asked for in some miniBB powered foruns i go to; 2) if possible more robust plugins (like direct email for example, lacks a few options like 'only ofr registered users')

Author link92
#102 | Posted: 19 Mar 2004 00:55 
I like it because with anything more complicated I wouldn't be able to insert it as if it was just another part of my site.

Author OZtwo
#103 | Posted: 23 Dec 2003 19:04 
No, this is the format we are using also in developing, we are "matrix" guys :)

wow, ok, I was guessing you used some sort of custom 'compiler'. :) In my WordPerfect 5.1 DOS days, I had some cool macro compilers. :) I saw it as if someone wanted to copy my code, they had to work hard to figure out what it was. :) With that, I don't see any reason for you to format your code.

The Master Job Hunter

Author aurora
#104 | Posted: 23 Dec 2003 12:25 
I am just wondering, what to "clean up" more - maybe you can offer some practical example?..

sorry, i had not have time to get back an this yesterday. also i thought it is unfair to complain without beeing a registered user. now i have registered, and can continue on what are some of the main points of what i ment: again sorry for my harsh words, this wasn't really nice from me and it's not my intention to flame on you or minibb.

first of all: you should really think of formatting your source-code. i checked it with several editors, to be really sure that there's nothing going wrong at me - i could not believe that you did not do any indenting at all.

2.: DB_query(arg1,arg2) might be a timesafing function for you, who know what the source-code does. for any other, who wants to learn what's happening, it's very hard do overlook, what's going on - you should at least use constants for the first parameter instead of just numbers, especially as you're using tons of global variables inside this function.

3.: i've never seen true/false in the code (as i rembember at the moment) but always 0/1 - that might be a matter of taste of course.

4.: there are in my opinion some design-issues, for example: on the one hand you use logged_admin = true/false to identify an admin in minibb but on the other hand you set the user_id explicit to 1, when the admin is posting in the forum.

that might be no problem with minibb itself, cause there's only one admin allowed. i'm currently working to combine minibb with an other project at and in the image-database we have other user-levels with more than one admin allowed. i removed this user_id = 1 and it seems to work, but it isn't very well tested, yet.

please keep in mind: it's not on flaming, but on making live easier for other developers like me :-)

Author Team
#105 | Posted: 23 Dec 2003 10:33 
No, this is the format we are using also in developing, we are "matrix" guys :) No indenting done from the very beginning.

Page  Page 7 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  6  7  8  ...  12  Next » 
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials / Your impressions and wishes Top

Your impression Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB