miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /  

Your impressions and wishes

Add your impression! Guest comments are welcome!

Page  Page 5 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  Next »

Author Anonymous
#61 | Posted: 26 Oct 2005 01:20 
I love it it really rocks!

Author Anonymous
#62 | Posted: 28 Sep 2005 12:38 
Just discovered minibb20 last night. Thanks for this and all your hard work. I like the combination of templates and php. For several years I used a binary database site with html and recently broke into mysql & php, attempting to restructure and convert all my site databases away from the binary database system. In the past month, I've attempted to hack a php forum software to make it work for my purposes, to some success, but not knowing php presents an experimental challenge (where something not needed is removed, only to discover the code was critical to the specific page). The minibb system of editable templates is by far, the easiest. It has unlimited possibilities. I am hooked. Thanks

Author Anonymous
#63 | Posted: 15 Sep 2005 03:28 
Ooohhh, how many love! :D

Author Anonymous
#64 | Posted: 24 Aug 2005 16:09 
Anonymous
Gospodi upasi izuchat' php с foruma miniBB - cdоhnesh nahui!

Too All
Great work, but very dirty code =(

Hello from mother-russia

Author Anonymous
#65 | Posted: 12 Aug 2005 00:52 
Spasibo, parni! Otlichnyi forum!
Pytayuc' razobrat'sya s nim zdes' - http://sendvich-panel.ru/forum/, Bog dast - izuchu php :)

Author bubba
#66 | Posted: 26 Jul 2005 13:16 
wow, what a neat little forum

Author csp
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 02:38 
I had purchased a template for 1.7 and hesitated to make the change to 2.0 and lose it. But, I finally decided to upgrade, when I started a new forum and I'm so glad I did. The add-ons and features are wonderful and went on seamlessly. Thank you for a wonderful and intuitive product.

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#68 | Posted: 15 Jul 2005 11:50 
I installed it a couple of days ago and google has already started to eat it, I am pleased :-)

Author jiraiya
Partaker
#69 | Posted: 20 Jun 2005 18:37 
It's clean, fast and very easy to skin.
I just made some skining changes and now it actually looks like it belong to my site. It's definitely more effective than boards like
IPB and phpBB.

Author Anonymous
#70 | Posted: 8 Jun 2005 08:33 
I love This program
I had it up and running within 5 minutes with no bugs, and Changing the Colors to match the site Design is so Easy!

Author digibluez
#71 | Posted: 7 Jun 2005 05:23 
so small and nice.i have been looking for it for ages.Its the only board that fits my small layout HEUREUKAAA

Author crystalclear
Partaker
#72 | Posted: 5 Jun 2005 00:22 
There was a database error. Please report this problem (what you were trying to do etc.) to boards administrator, or contact the authors.

==

That seems to have fixed itself. I think I started the BB with (admin, admin) as user name and password as far as the BB is concerned, and maybe the same for the data base, or maybe I had (php, and phppass) for the database. Then I guess I figured that wasn't too smart and maybe configured another name using the BB to do it, so I had a user crystal and crystal was the administrator.

My system isn't set up great. For example BBs try to email passwords to people that try to use them and I'm on a recently reinstalled WIN98 machine with just 64k of memory, a slow modem, and less than 2GB of disk space! I don't have anything I know of to even send mail in the unix SENDMAIL sense, although I have AOL for the connection and the PC probably has an uninitialised version of Outlook Express.

I never expected your software to work, since two previous PHP BBs didn't, the whole MySQL, PHP, Abyss combination hasn't been on the PC for more than a day or so and had serious installation problems. So I wouldn't go looking for what caused that message.

I did actually say at the start what gave the error message ...
http://crystalclear.servebeer.com/forums/
(click on preferences.)

It was simply "clicking on preferences". That would give the error message, and new users couldn't get get confirmed, as the BB complained that admin wasn't prperly set up. You could (maybe, I can only try locally and not genuinely over the internet) have seen the problem by clicking on preferences on my BB yesterday, but as I said above, the software has righted itself.

That is a sign of good software, tolerence to small faults. Bad progams will amplify little errors until they fall over. I am impressed with your software and if I come over as being a little harsh at times on the BB its just due to a hard life here (hence the 64k computer with slow modem and need for free software to do anything), etc.

Keep up the good work.
( or stop and have a break, as you please ;) )

<font color="#006699">We're glad you run it from the draft :-) There is also a special option which allows to block all email promtrs in our program... called $genEmailDisable... turning it to 1 will help you to work without sendmail installed. Enjoy :-)... and yes - your server is really slow, but forums are working! I've registered as minibb and posted one message... it's working :-) Team</font>

Author Anonymous
#73 | Posted: 4 Jun 2005 15:48 
There was a database error. Please report this problem (what you were trying to do etc.) to boards administrator, or contact the authors.

===================

I think that's too basic an error for it to be your fault.

http://crystalclear.servebeer.com/forums/
(click on preferences.)

I like this software though. I have been fighting with my computer for a week. I discovered no-ip. That means I could have a free DNS and get it to point to my PC while I'm onlline, at no cost. That was the key that unlocked the door to further possibilities. I then downloaded Abyss. It was just the first free webserver I came across. I realised there are some free bulleting board in PHP but wasn't sure which were free and which weren't. I had to get PHP and install that; the BBs needed MySQL or similar. I downloaded that. Then when you don't know PHP and don't know SQL and are new to configuring a webserver (Abyss was easy and intuitive to be honest), it is a nightmare to know why "a webpage from phpBB accessing MySQL and running through PHP to go out through Abyss" doesn't get displayed. Four major new things to learn and interoperability problems - nightmare.

Abyss was easy.
Hello.php not too bad.
Bits of MySQL okay.
PHP talking to MySQL nightmare, found serious bug in interworking but also found a workaround.
a PHP BB and MySQL? Maybe with some SQL experience it would have been too bad.

Tried YaBB. Didn't look free. Abandoned.
Tried WBoard. BB to PHP to SQL wasn't working.
Tried phpBB. Database causing PHP to make Abyss crash.
Quick internet search threw up MiniBB - don't know why I didn't see it sooner but would have gone for a bigger program before I knew how hard it all is.

Wow.
No time to read the instructions, too busy. I was a bit confused and just clicked on some of the SQL files. (Windows set to OPEN mysql --execute "source=%1") Clicked on the odd php file. and it worked!
Okay, I had to edit a file to set an SQL userid and password and database name, but that was about it.

I have the error message above. I didn't follow any installation instructions so I bet its my fault. I never expected it to work. I just wanted to copare what happens with MiniBB to WBoard and phpBB to understand the nature of the problems better.

Well done guys, I'm a fan.

<font color="#006699">So, what you were trying to do etc. - it would be cool to mention it. If you are using 1.7 release - just try RC3 :-) Thanks! Team</font>

Author Aine
Partaker
#74 | Posted: 27 May 2005 01:51 
I just installed this late last night. Already have it customized (design-wise) and so far, I like it... very much. Best part is the light server load and fast-loading pages. I'll probably add some of the addons available over the next week or so, but so far, so good.

Just that one little quirk with the rss feed... hehe

Author Arno
#75 | Posted: 15 May 2005 21:25 
Hi,
I get depressed of your forum! Why?
I 'm writting my own forum, with also a minimalistic view, been working on it about 4 mounths and then I saw yours and I just plain better.
You 've got just few more futures which I probably implented bit later but now I 'm realy douting about continuing.
You make me feel miserable.

Arno

PS: I realy love this forum!

----
Thank you :-) Nice to see that many people like simple and elegant things, not complicated. Team

Page  Page 5 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  Next » 
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /
 Your impressions and wishes
 Share Topic's Link

Your impression Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑