®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Suggestion about menu links

Author Josh McGilberry
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Jun 2004 07:02 
My job is web designer and I find that some people tend to get confused when links disappear. For instance when you click on Statistics, when you reach the stats page, the link for Statistics disappears.

I know it makes perfect logical sense to do it this way, but a lot of people have an easier time navigating if all links are present at all times, so that the menu always looks the same.

Perhaps an alternative to making the link for the current page go away, would be to simply make the link plain text instead of a link. That way the menu would all look the same, but you would not have the option of clicking on the page that you're currently on.

Just a thought

Oh yeah, suggestion #2 -- put something in the sign up that lets users choose the default for e-mail notifications so that you dont have to remember each time to click it. And of course admin would have the option to disable it completely for larger forums to prevent any kind of e-mail problem.

Author Sergei
Team member
#2 | Posted: 5 Jun 2004 19:37 
:) well frankly you're the first person who tells us about it. And I'm running several commuties with a whole swarm of users, nobody complained about it yet.. but(!) you can customize this feature through bb_functions file. It's very easy if you're a bit familiar with php or any other similar language and HTML of course.

about your second request.. config file, has an option to disable emails. In current version we don't have an option to set default email notification state. We'll see if it can be implemented when making next miniBB releases.

kind regards,

Author jjmac
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Jun 2004 00:23 
Thanks for your reply. I've already made those modification in the ones i'm using, as well as a ton of other mods. I just thought I'd pass it on. :)

I guess the main thing is that the people I normally work with (average US citizen) seem to get confused easy when it comes to computers. So it was just a suggestion :)

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Suggestion about menu links
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑