®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Allowing a user to delete him-/herself

Author otto
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Aug 2003 05:37 
I would wish that a user himself had the possibility not only to change his preferences but also completely to delete his registration.

Here at MiniBB I discovered that I could not change my emailadress. Why? Because I had another registration -which I had forgotten - with the email adress that I wanted now. I had to change the email adress of this forgotten "account" to something not existing. I would prefere just totaly to delete it.

There could also be other reasons.
1. A user could suddently get paranoia about having his adress out there. 2. I as administrator don't like the possibility maybe one day to have lots of registred users who are non existing.

Not big problems, but.. :-)

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 26 Aug 2003 11:14 
We thought about that at the very beginning. The problem is that with deleting user's registration you need also to update all his posts as "Anonymous", if there were posts. Also to delete all subscriptions.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 12 Jan 2004 02:17 
otto has a point, though. new regulations are in place here in the EEC that address privacy issues. people must have the option to opt out and have all their details deleted.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 12 Jan 2004 10:13 
There is a simpliest solution here... CONTACT FORUMS ADMINISTRATOR about that!

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Allowing a user to delete him-/herself
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑